



Off The Wall Area

Narcotics Anonymous



August 3rd, 2014 OTW ASC MINUTES

Open: 9:01 AM with a moment of silence, followed by the Serenity Prayer and the reading of the 12 Concepts

Approval of Last Month's Minutes: Approved

Guests: Richard L.,

BIRTHDAYS: Dave A 28 yrs., Helen 13yrs., Jennifer 4yrs., Tink 3 yrs., Hauna and John B 18months!!! Yahoo

GROUP REPORTS

ADDICTS SEEKING SANITY: Helen F. reported-Groups are strong & well attended. Jackson Lake was in June; Awesome Recovery weekend. We have a group activity at the Greeley Ice House on Sat 12-1:30. Vote No on Guideline changes. \$240.00 donation.

CLEAN SERENE FREAKS: Mike H reporting – Group is going well. Attendance has risen slightly. All chair positions will be re-elected at the end of June. GSRA Joe B.

DEAD W/OUT IT: Not present

DRUG BUSTERS: Liliias reported- Group doing well 7th and attendance has been down; summer? Vote yes on guideline change.

FREEDOM SPRINGS: We are in the process of holding another meeting on Wednesdays since we now have a strong home group. Our meetings have been well attended w/an average of 20 regularly. The atmosphere of recovery is strong. All is well. We are Excited for the Loveland Unity Picnic this coming Tuesday, August 5th. We thank you Activities. Bought Lit \$94.90 \$35.00 donation.

FUN ADDICTS: Meeting attendance is good and has moved downstairs in the bigger room. New GSR is Jenni W. Changed name to Fun Addicts. Don't forget our Next Speaker Event @6-8 Sept 14th.

HOPE GROUP: Jennifer L. reported-Temporarily closed Tuesday/Wednesday meeting due to lack of openers. Sire need of home group members, rent being paid. Attendance 15-20 people, no donation.

JUST FOR TODAY: Sjohn C. reported: Campout went well, group is well also.

LIVE GROUP: Wendy reported-New GSR John K. \$200.00 donation.

NO MATTER WHAT: Not Present

NOONER: Gemelle R reported-Attendance averaging about 10-15 people on Sunday, 8 people on Fridays. #29.00 donations.

PRIMARY PURPOSE: John B. reported-Meeting are going good, Need GSRA/Greeter. \$35.00 donation.

RECOVERY SWAG'D OUT: Karen C. reported-Attendance is great, Rent paid, buying Literature-\$ donation.

SERENE MACHINE: Rich H. reported- Meets 245 W 4th St Loveland Sat Sun, Tues Thurs @9:00 Am Small attendances, would appreciate all support. \$100.00 donation.

STAIRWAY TO RECOVERY: Mike W reported-Our attendance is around 9to15, 7th is good. We need support as in group members GSR GSRA, Lit person. \$20.00 donation.

STEPS & TRADITIONS ROULETTE: Kurt B reported-Meeting move to a new location 3761 S Mason St FTC CO. Attendance great, need home group members. \$87.45 Donation.

THE LAST HOUSE: Mark M. New meeting started, 4240 E County Road 66 in Wellington. Located @the Harvest Farm in the office basement. Speakers share in the beginning and then open discussion. Open meeting all are welcome. We are still developing an identity.

WHEN AT THE END OF THE ROAD: Hauna reported- Attendance is good, 20 during the nooner and 60 on Saturday. Good amount of Home group members. \$177.87 donation.

XX GENES: Sharon H reported–New GSR. Steady attendance, meetings are going well. \$10 donation

OFFICER REPORTS:

CHAIR: Jim M-reported-I want to thank you for trusting me to serve our Area as your Chair. It is important for me to be reminded that although we are here to conduct OTW area business that ultimately the business we conduct and the discussion we make should benefit the still suffering addict, it is that newcomer coming into his or her 1st meeting or the addict w/time who is struggling. This is the reason the opening reading today is about Unity. Let's be reminded.. Our unity is so precious that, given a choice between fulfilling our own wishes and preserving our fellowship's common welfare, we put the best interests of NA 1st. (works how/why page 209)

VICE CHAIR: Ernie S. reported-No report

SECRETARY: Karen C reported–Welcome all the new GSR's we have a total of 8 new representatives!! Amazing!!!!!! I have gone to the bank and added my signature on the account. I am requesting all Sub-committee Chairs to submit their reports to email Kcampbell911@hotmailcom. Or Campbellkaren472@gmail.com.

TREASURER: Mike M. reported- Balance at the beginning of ASC is \$726.82, \$126.82 over the prudent reserve. Found out that if I don't log in to the bank computer, need to reestablish a new password. Paid \$100.00 on the T-Mobile bill w/our debt card puts us \$50.00 credit. Working w/Victor to get my name on the account, won.t do it; another small detail that I w/ll have to work out.

SUB-COMMITTEE REPORTS

RCM 1/RCM 2: James R. reported: The Western Service Learning Days (WSLD) bank account was finally closed. A cashier's check in the amount of \$3767.49 was issued the Colorado Region. A check for \$500 will be reissued as seed money for the next WSLD.

The Off The Wall Area has donated a total of \$647.66 to the Colorado Region this year.

Stephanie C from Off the Wall is the new Colorado Regional Vice-Chair.

The Public Information (PI) chair and Regional Delegate (RD) and Regional Delegate Alternate (RDA) service positions are all up for election at the upcoming Regional Assembly on Sept. 20th. This will be at 315 E 4th Street in Loveland at 10:00am. Group Service Rep. (GSR) training is at 9:30am. Colorado Regional Rocky Mountain Camp Out (CRRMCO) guidelines as well as budgets for Public Relations (PR) and Regional Delegates (RD's) will be voted on. Both have been brought here for GSR's to take back to groups.

The Regional Delegates (RD's) went to the Rocky Mountain Zonal Forum (RMZF) in Missoula, MT. They were asked for feedback from all the Regions about Zonal seating as an alternative to Regional seating at the World Service Conference (WSC) – in large part to alleviate space issues as more Regions ask to be seated at the WSC. The straw poll taken indicates we are in favor of moving that direction.

The topics for workshops and marathon meetings have been approved. The Colorado Regional Convention of NA (CRCNA) hotel is filling up!!!! CRCNA next year will be hosted by the Mile Hi area, more than likely at the Westin Hotel in Westminster on November 6-8 for better rates. This is not yet a done deal.

The Campout had 99 registrations. There were 53 pre, 46 on-site, and a \$999.91 donation to the Region and \$1000 seed money for next year.

We are still looking for those interested in going to help at the State fair in Pueblo at the booth for N.A. There are 2 people per shift, 2 shifts a day, 11 days to be filled. Please contact Tawni if interested or for more info – 720-838-5738.

The web servant ad hoc committee was discussed. Our area's input was expressed, mostly concerns about dead links and not able to find World Service Conference (WSC) motions. The calendar on the Regional website was discussed at length.

It was decided by vote that the Groups or areas should be responsible for putting events on the website, not the web-servant, in part, as changes are easier to be made if necessary by an area or group – and that groups or areas may not want all events on the regional calendar.

Motions that groups need to have their groups vote on:

To move Colorado Regional Convention of NA (CRCNA) bids to be due at the March Colorado Regional Service Committee (CRSC) meeting and to add to guidelines. (Instead of bids being due in July as they currently are – more time for preparation)

Motion to add to Colorado Regional guidelines that a regional committee member voted or appointed may be removed from their position after 2 absences without notice and 3 absences with notice during a calendar year.

ILS, James R

Hospital/institutions: Sherri S. reported:

Our last subcommittee met on June 28th with 6 members present. We are still in need of a Vice Chair and also a Panel Leader for Platte Valley Youth Services Center. I have contacted the facility and their age requirement for that position is 21. I received a letter from the Weld County Sheriff's Office on June 24th informing me that our contact person there has stepped down. They are in the process of recruiting a new "religious" leader for that position and will let us know when that happens. Our next subcommittee meeting is scheduled for August 23rd at 11AM.

REPORTS LCJ MENS: (Mark reported) No meeting on the 5th because of lockdown. No meeting on the 19th due to scheduling. LCJ WOMENS: No report. WCJ WOMENS: (Cathy) Karen, Sheri and I have been going in twice a month since March 22nd. Meetings are going well. TRT: (Karl) Sheri S was speaker this month and it went well. DETOX: (James) Have 2-3 panel members go in on Mondays. Found the lit rack! Becky S joined the panel and Wally O stepped down. We are in need of literature. WORK RELEASE: No report PLATTE VALLEY YOUTH: No report

I am requesting \$102.85 in literature and \$5 in rent today. Grateful to serve, Sheri S.

PUBLIC INFORMATION: Dave A reported:

The phone was exchanged between Weld and Larimer County. I remote attended the PR subcommittee mtg on 06/14. We tried using gotomeeting but CRCNA was using that so we switched to any meeting. It worked surprisingly well, with 3 online with cameras and 2 folks that called in. I talked about presentation at the potluck, working on guidelines, 9 health fair, unifying the phone line reporting mechanism, election of a vice-chair and lastly concerns about the reg'l website. Tawni's laptop died at 1:45 as she forgot her power supply so the mtg ended abruptly.

Region has formed a group to look into the web site, so we will see if anything changes. I wrote the region and CRCNA about not finding printable registration forms. I Never heard back. I also wrote them about listing Berthoud as part of Boulder area when even Boulder doesn't list Berthoud on their schedule and was written back saying they would check with Boulder. If you wonder why I vote against or abstain from sending money to the region this is a huge part of it. Why support them monetarily if they don't bother communicating. They are supposed to support the areas and members. Given that I complain about the suckful nature of the reg'l website and it has not improved in many, many months, I may run for that position in Sept. I would step down as OTW PI with Mark stepping up. Obviously, I would work with him on that transition. Also, I would need someone to take over as Larimer county phone line chair.

I want to look into Federal non-profit status as the rules and filing fees have changed. It costs \$400.00 but would afford us non-profit status and it will be easier to get PSA's on radio and TV. Regarding the latter, since both FtC and Greeley have their own TV stations with city council coverage, etc., we should be able to get blurbs running on those. I will do more research and come back prepared in Sept.

Meeting schedules were printed out with the changes to the Steps and Trads mtg included. Please look over them and if any changes are needed regarding your mtgs setup – bday, Open, CLOSED, GC and so forth, please write the webmaster.

Gratitudoinsly, Dave A.

ACTIVITIES: Kurt B reported: June 21st notes

[Serene Days in Estes](#)

Dave has contacted duke at Harmony about possibly having an NA speaker in September. He also contacted Happy from Denver about being a speaker, Happy has committed to being our speaker for this event. Dave has stated that the baseline for this event has been established. The speaker meeting will occur at seven pm.

Loveland Unity Picnic -Dave is currently working with Dawn H to make this event happen. We all look forward to some great fun and fellowship.

Barn Dance-As of this moment we have yet to have been reached about the barn dance. We look forward to receiving more information in the very near future.

We also have not heard about the "adopt a newcomer" ice skating trip. The third full weekend in September is the regional assembly.

The poker run that was supposed to occur in June was cancelled for unspecified reasons.

Neither October, nor November have events currently scheduled. We ask that GSR's talk to their groups about event ideas for these months.

MERCHANDISE: John B. reported:

I was unable to attend the last subcommittee meeting in June. A selection for the printer has been made and we will be able to start production as soon as funds are allocated as soon as we print the first one the picture will be provided in going to ask if I can be put online in the merchandise of committee page to promote it do the timing of printing I will not have any shirts available to sell at the Loveland unity Day picnic will be able to take pre orders if I can get a working model. Thanks John B

LITERATURE: Tink reported: No report Submitted

CRCNA Liaison: Tink reported: No report Submitted

OLD BUSINESS: Guidelines perhaps being changed into the new service structure, overseen by ad-hoc committee

NEW BUSINESS: NONE

OPEN DISCUSSIONS: As to why Merchandise cannot change guidelines involving money.

WRITTEN MOTIONS:

Made by: Jim M Asking \$10.00 a month to pay for agendas Intent: to communicate. **PASSES**

Made by: John B Asking for \$200.00 for purchase of shirts printing costs. **PASSES**

Made by: John B Asking to change ASC guidelines in Article VII, Section D, Subsection H, to add a bullet point stating*See Merchandise Subcommittee regarding handling of merchandise budget. Also add "Will maintain and account for a standing operating budget, not to exceed \$300.00 in cash or merchandise or any mix thereof, any amount of cash or merchandise exceeding \$300.00 will be deposited with ASC at the next available time that the merchandise chair and the treasurer can meet." **FAILED**

ELECTIONS:

No Elections in August or September

DISBURSEMENTS:

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1stAnnual NA Women's Retreat in Colorado
Aug. 22-24th, 2014 Buena Vista, CO

Regional Assembly

Sat, September 20, 9:30am – 4:30pm
315 E. 4th, Loveland Colorado
New GSR training starts at 9:30 A.M. Assembly starts at 10 A.M.

Hiking with Primary Purpose

Saturday, August 16, 2014
Meet at 9:00 a.m. Bring your lunch.
Devils Backbone Open Space, Loveland, CO

CRCNA XXVIII October 24th to 26th
1900 Ken Pratt Boulevard, Longmont

Barn Dance to be determined