



Off The Wall Area

Narcotics Anonymous



## January 4th, 2015 OTW ASC MINUTES

**Open:** 9:05 AM with a moment of silence, followed by the Serenity Prayer and the reading of the 12 Concepts

**Approval of Last Month's Minutes:** Amendment John K was elected as RCM, Approved.

**Guests:** Ray B., Peggy Z Welcome!!!

**BIRTHDAYS:** Hauna K, O 2 yrs, Sjon 7yrs., Josh 60 days Yahoo!!!

### **GROUP REPORTS**

**ADDICTS SEEKING SANITY:** Helen F. reported-All is well, well attended all service positions are filled, planning our Speaker Jam, don't want to interfere w/Sponsee breakfast. Dissolve Merchandise-No, Dissolve Barn Dance-No Pass 7<sup>th</sup> Tradition @CRCNA-NO \$53.00 donation

**CLEAN SERENE FREAKS:** Mike H. reporting--Attendance is low 3-8 people, 7<sup>th</sup> is low. No donation.

**DEAD W/OUT IT:** Richard L reporting: Attendance is great, up to 40 people, have new trusted servants. Buying Lit and tags w/\$50.00 donation.

**DRUG BUSTERS:** Garret reported-Meetings are going well. No donation

**FREEDOM SPRINGS:** Jennifer reported-Meetings are going well. No donation.

**FREE @LAST:** Not Present

**FUN ADDICTS:** Dave A reported: Our December potluck was smaller than usual but was still a rousing success. The newcomer speaker ended up having to work so we plucked a member from Greeley who did a marvelous job. Dave R did a great job as well. A book of one's choice was raffled off and the plucky plucked person from Greeley won! We have literature to purchase and decided to buy the small literature rack from Tink. We have a \$10 donation to the area and voted to retain the merchandise subcommittee as active in the area.

**HOPE GROUP:** Jenna B. reported-Attendance is better, we have been getting more support w/people who have clean time, still need support. A member stepped up to open our Friday meeting. No donation.

**JUST FOR TODAY:** Sjon C. reported-Things are going well, Tuesday is book study, Friday open meeting. \$36.00 donation.

**LIVE GROUP:** John K. reported- donation. We have voted in to add the morning meeting is now part of live group it will be called live machine The live group now has Friday night live 8pm Saturday night live 7:30pm Sunday night live 7pm Monday night live 6:30pm Tuesday night live 7:30pm Wednesday night live 6:30pm Tuesday and Thursday Live Nooner 12 noon and Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday Live Machine at 9am. We have a donation of \$80.00

**Never Alone:** New Group in Sterling on Saturdays @1:30. Open meeting-Literature discussion, 3<sup>rd</sup> week of the month is a speaker meeting. Attendance average is 5 addicts. Looking/need support from Area, buying Literature \$16.25. \$5.00 donation. (12915 County Road 37, Sterling, CO)

**NOONER:** Danny G. reported- All is well!!! Danny G. is our new GSR, congrats!!!! New meeting on Saturdays @9:00A.M. Hosting a Bowling/Laser tag activity. Jan 10th, see flyer. \$66.00 donation

**No Matter What:** Darrell reported: Attendance low, need support, we need trusted servants, only 2 of us, hoping to get more home group members. No donation.

PRIMARY PURPOSE: John B. reported-Attendance lower than usual, 7<sup>th</sup> is low. Need a GSRA. Voted to dissolve Merchandise

RECOVERY SWAG'D OUT: Karen C. reported- Meetings are great, good attendance, bought books. \$30.00 donation.

STAIRWAY TO RECOVERY: Mike reported-Attendance is good, need home group members \$15.00 donation

STEPS & TRADITIONS ROULETTE: Kurt B reported-All is well; Attendance is a full house, no meeting on New Year's or X-Mas (Building was closed). Book study, Living Clean, need to fill service positions.

THE UDDER GROUP: Mark M-reported-No shows @the last 2 meetings, Low attendance, no support from the farm, it has made it necessary to explore new location, rent paid thru January.

WHEN AT THE END OF THE ROAD: Hauna KO Reported-Attendance is good, potluck was a huge success \$117.00 Donation.

XX GENES: Sharon H reported–Steady small attendance 3-7; Book study meeting. Voted against discontinue Merchandise.

### **OFFICER REPORTS:**

CHAIR: Jim Reported- report on the Agenda

VICE CHAIR: Ernie S. reported: He is not leaving our Area. YAY!!!!

SECRETARY: Karen C reported–Our area is growing!!!! Our contract has been renewed for our meeting place. I am requesting all Sub-committee Chairs to submit their reports to email Kcampbell911@hotmail.com.

TREASURER: Mike M. reported-We still have a large amount of checks outstanding, not been cashed yet. After subtracting those and our prudent reserve of \$600.00, we have available balance of \$339.16. Getting together w/Chair to prepare an End-of-Year report.

### **SUB-COMMITTEE REPORTS**

**RCM 1/RCM 2:** James reported: No CRCNA meeting

**Public Information:** Dave A reported: PI report to OTW ASC 01/04/2015

Subcommittee mtg was held 12/27/14 at 10 p.m. We decided to go ahead and purchase the large IP rack from Tink. James said he would check on the rack that is in the UNC counseling center. Mark is going to check and see if the VA center in FtC might want a literature rack.

We received the final contract for the bench and bus ads in Greeley but have not yet received a monthly bill. To that end 4 checks totaling \$220 were returned to the treasurer and 2 worth \$110 kept to mail when the bill comes in. The PO Box was checked several times since the last ASC.

We are going to purchase a new stamp that has both our phone number and the website URL to put on H&I and PI literature.

The Phone was exchanged from Larimer to Weld County. A new person was added in Larimer bringing the total to 3 members there. If anyone is interested in helping with the phone line contact Karl W in Greeley or Dave A in FtC.

Many changes were made to the web site – mostly for the meeting schedules. 250 large schedules with those changes as well as input for 2015 activities were printed and brought today. Please check over them and if any corrections are needed regarding type of mtg along with day, name, time etc please let us know. As always, if you are new or anyone else that wants to get the OTW ASC blast emails go to the website at [fortnet.org/na](http://fortnet.org/na) and sign up.

The next subcommittee mtg will be held Saturday, January 31<sup>st</sup>, 2015 at 10 a.m. We are moving it to the 5<sup>th</sup> Saturday as there is an event in Greeley on the 4<sup>th</sup> Saturday to which many members want to go.

**Hospital/institutions:** Sherri S. reported: **REPORT 1/4/2015**

The subcommittee met on December 27<sup>th</sup> with 9 members present. The revising of our subcommittee guidelines have been completed and are to be posted on the OTW NA website. The Panel Coordinator position for North Range Behavioral

Health Detox election has been postponed this month with the hope it will soon be filled. James R. is willing to continue until then. CRSC H&I will be meeting in Boulder on Jan. 17<sup>th</sup> and I plan to attend.

**LCJ-Women:** (Karen C.) not present, sent report late. We did not go into the facility this month. One panel member is moving and we are waiting for a new panel member's official orientation. We will go in this Monday (Jan, 5<sup>th</sup>).

**LCJ-Men:** (Dave A.) Two meetings over last month, no attendees at first meeting. 8 attended second meeting. Two new people added to the panel.

**WCJ-Women:** (Cathy M.) Not present, sent report. Two meetings per month right now, usually between 8-12 attendees at meetings; going well.

**True North:** (Karl W.) One meeting- every Wednesday evening. Having trouble keeping them stocked with updated meeting list.

**Detox:** (James R.) One meeting- every Monday evening. Using IPs for meetings topics, going well. James current term of service is now over; for now James will continue.

**Platte Valley Youth:** (Brandon K.) not present, sent report. Normally two meeting monthly but due to extenuating circumstances, unable to bring a meeting this month.

**Work Release:** (Sjon C.) Meetings are going well right now. No meetings for Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's. Attendance is small but people seem to be more open to sharing when there are less attendees. Currently using IPs and the daily meditation for topics. There have been some issues with a panel member's meeting attendance. Sjon spoke with the member about the importance of meeting attendance.

I am requesting \$90.90 in literature and \$5 in rent. Grateful to Serve~ Sheri S.

**ACTIVITIES:** Jacob R. reported: Activities subcommittee held their meeting on December 21<sup>st</sup> at Perkins at 11am. Four members attended and we made plans to have a Saint Patrick's Day party, including a potluck, games, music, and a speaker, the weekend before Saint Patrick's Day. The date, time, and location have yet to be determined. We also discussed doing something for Unity day in June, a 4<sup>th</sup> of July picnic in Greeley, a picnic/potluck in Estes in the beginning of September, a Halloween dance in Fort Collins, and marathon meetings for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We also decided to ask Brandon K. to share at the New Year's Eve Dance. The dance itself was a lot of fun. It was estimated that around 35 people from Off the Wall attended and we sold 14 tickets. Anna from the Mile High Area has not gotten back to me to let me know how many people attended in total, how profitable the dance was, and how much money will be returned to Off the Wall. I'll send that information on the blast as soon as I know. I would like to say that there was another party taking place in the same building that did serve alcohol and though it did not bother myself I cannot speak for the entire fellowship or the newcomer and I believe this should be taken into consideration when deciding whether or not to sponsor the even next year.

The next activities subcommittee meeting should take place on the same day in the same location in Windsor as the other subcommittee meetings (I still have to check with Lillias). I'll send an email on the blast when I know for sure. In closing the activities subcommittee would like to motion for a \$200 monthly budget.

**MERCHANDISE:** John B. reported: I am requesting my budgeted amount of \$200 for production of new merchandise.

**CRCNA Liaison:** Newly elected: Cathy M, congrats

#### **OLD BUSINESS:**

Straw poll taken to remove Merchandise Subcommittee-Keep the Subcommittee

Straw poll taken to pass the Bucket for 7<sup>th</sup> Tradition @CRCNA-We as an Area do not want to change the Guidelines to pass the 7<sup>th</sup>.

Straw poll taken to dissolve the barn dance fundraiser in 2015- Keep the Barn Dance.

**NEWLY ELECTED:** Mike M elected for ASC Treasurer, Cathy M elected as our new CRCNA Liaison

**NEW BUSINESS:** Disbursement \$120.00 H&I. **Meeting of the Month for December is "No Matter What"**

**OPEN DISCUSSIONS:** Discussed having pop-up windows to show meeting closures for holidays.

**ELECTIONS:  
ASC Secretary**

**ANNOUNCEMENTS:**

**CRCNA XXIX (29) Elections and 1<sup>st</sup> meeting**

January 10<sup>th</sup>, 2015 11:00-1:00PM  
Englewood Public Library Englewood, CO.

**NA NOONER**

Bowling and Laser Tag  
2454 8<sup>th</sup> Ave, Greeley, CO  
January 10<sup>th</sup>  
8:00-10:00 (be there @7:30to help us get discount)  
\$13.75 shoes/ \$8:00 for \$15.00

**Colorado Regional Service Committee Meeting**

January 18th, 2015  
1212 Mariposa St, Denver, CO 80204