



Off The Wall Area

Narcotics Anonymous



## May 3, 2015 OTW ASC MINUTES

**Open:** 9:00 AM with a moment of silence, followed by the Serenity Prayer and the reading of the 12 Concepts

**Approval of Last Month's Minutes:** Amendment John K celebrated 13yrs (NOT JOHN B)

**Guests:** Welcome!!!

**BIRTHDAYS:** Mike M.14yrs, Cathy S. 8yrs, Sherri S 4yrs, Jenna B. 10 months Yahoo!!!

### **GROUP REPORTS**

**ADDICTS SEEKING SANITY:** Helen reported-Meetings are awesome, strong support. Event Planned for June 6<sup>th</sup> @10:00; bike to the park 19miles round trip. See flyers. No concerns \$817.00 donation.

**DEAD W/OUT IT:** Richard L reported: Our attendance is strong 30-40 people. Treatment center attends every Friday. No group conscience, so no donation.

**DRUG BUSTERS:** Liliias R reported-Things are going well, finishing their construction. No group conscience, no needs or concerns. No donation.

**FREE @LAST:** Not Present

**FUN ADDICTS:** Dave A reported: We are looking into changing our next pot luck from the 14<sup>th</sup> to the 21<sup>st</sup> of June to not be on the same day as Unity Day. More will be revealed. Our new Wednesday mtg is going well with 6-12 in attendance. Sunday night is strong with between 30-40 people. We have 3 members with keys to the church. We need to buy coins and rent is due shortly.

Udder Group-sold a book and has \$12 to donate to the area.

**HOPE GROUP:** Jenna B. reported-, Meetings are going good, gaining more home group members and people to open. Changed our book study on Mondays to Steps 1-3, then the stories. No donation.

**JUST FOR TODAY:** Sjohn reported-All is well. New Location "Vineyard" 1015 9<sup>th</sup> Ave \$40.00 donation

**LIVE GROUP:** Jennie reported-Meetings going well, renovations are almost done, except for flooring and bathroom, \$25.00 donation.

**NEVER ALONE:** James R reported: New Group n Sterling on Saturdays @1:30.-Picnic was great, 20 people attended, looking to more addicts, and adding celebrating key tags to format.

**Never Alone Never Again:** Not Present sent report-Picnic was fantastic, followed up w/meeting, 18 in attendance, and 40 @ Picnic. Treatment center is talking to us about bringing in a meeting, thanks to James for all his support. We are adding key tags to support the addicts new and old. \$10.00 donation.

**NOONER:** Danny G. reported-Dinosaur Day event went very well, 35 in attendance. We would like to thank everyone for their support. \$41.00 donation

**No Matter What:** Not Present

**PRIMARY PURPOSE:** John B. reported-Shell H is our new GSR, we now have coffee served. \$25.00 donation.

**RECOVERY SWAG'D OUT:** Karen C. reported-Great meeting attendance, buying Lit; \$40.00 donation.

STAIRWAY TO RECOVERY: Mike W. reported-Very good attendance, good 7<sup>th</sup> Tradition, need home groups and trusted servants; \$25.00 donation.

STEPS & TRADITIONS ROULETTE: Jacqueline B reported-Attendance 8-15. New time for meeting is 6:46 need GSR. \$10.00 donation.

WHEN AT THE END OF THE ROAD: Hauna K'O reported-Group is strong, Starting Steps/Tradition studies 2<sup>nd</sup> Saturday beginning Steps study, 3<sup>rd</sup> Saturday is Traditions. Memorial Day picnic is all planned, May 25<sup>th</sup>. \$76.00 donation.

XX GENES: Sharon reported- Meetings are going well, attendance small but steady, group conscience last month, need a GSRA. No donation.

## **OFFICER REPORTS:**

CHAIR: Jim Reported- No report

VICE CHAIR: Ernie S. reported: He has nothing to report.

SECRETARY: Karen C. reported-We will not be having our Area Service meeting in July. I have talked w/our facility and they have agreed to renew our s for a year. Contacted ASC Chair and will sign the contract and give them a check for \$550.00. I am requesting all Sub-committee Chairs to submit their reports to email Kcampbell911@hotmail.com.

TREASURER: Mike M. reported-Last month's deposits \$1,102.67 Last month's expenses \$1,351.12 Current bank balance \$1,303.19;available funds after prudent reserve \$70319 I finally got a real person at T Mobile and changes our billing cycle to work w/our monthly schedule, In loving service, Mike M.

## **SUB-COMMITTEE REPORTS**

**RCM 1:** James reported: RCM report for May 3<sup>rd</sup> Report

I attended the Regional Committee meeting with at least 3 GSR's from our ASC present, as well as our other RCM. The World Service Conference will be held next year April 22<sup>nd</sup> through the 30<sup>th</sup>. It is a C.A.R. (Conference Agenda Report) year. They are looking at revising Guide to World Service and addressing some seating issues as well as rules of order. The Traditions book will also be up for approval in this C.A.R. The Regional Delegates are doing workshops on the Role of Zones, discussion on seating numbers and zones v. regions. (We are part of the Rocky Mountain Zonal Forum, also includes Southern Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming).

We had some lengthy discussion on welcoming all members to N.A. It is recognized that we don't always welcome new members very well, rather due to cultural differences, Drug Replacement therapy, meeting mandated attendance, mental health or other reasons. 63% come to NA from treatment centers and drug courts. Reasons people stayed 87% identification 71% felt welcome 64% other N.A. members Spiritual principles that came up are Tolerance, Empathy, Compassion, Love, and Anonymity.

Question to take back to your groups:

**"What collective action can we take to maintain an atmosphere of recovery while still ensuring that all addicts feel welcome in our meetings?"**

The Colorado Regional Rocky Mountain Campout has registration available online and flyers are available.

The changes to the Colorado Regional Convention guidelines passed with no objections.

Major changes include:

No restriction of passing the basket Seed money is now \$7,500 instead of \$5,000.

New Vice treasurer position Hotel and hospitality chair is now just Hotel chair

Hotel and hospitality chair is now just Hotel chair Seed money is now \$7,500 instead of \$5,000.

Need to receive speaker tapes by May, speakers selected in June CRCNA bids due by March

Have literature every year Need to have room for 11,000 people instead of 8,000

Elections went as follows:

Patty P – Public Info Chair Pat H – Web servant Ray L – Vice Chair

Anna H – Secretary Still open – Public Relations Hospital and Institutions Chair, Treasurer

Deadline for Regional motions for the CAR is 1<sup>st</sup> of August to be CAR ready form by 30<sup>th</sup> of August.

Will not be at next Regional meeting as I will be in Wyoming for the convention. ILS, James R.

**Public Information:** Dave A reported: Phone line–Phone turned over to Weld County. Message needs changed to reflect new web URL.

Email–Since a member’s name was attached to the old PI email, it was decided to use the new one recently created. [otwascp@gmail.com](mailto:otwascp@gmail.com) with the user name of Jimmy Kinnon, a male born 01/01/1948/

Mtg lists – printed 250 + some for H&I yesterday. I noticed on the NAWS website that it’s possible to become a trusted web servant for the world meeting database. I wrote them and got some paperwork back about confidentiality and how to’s and signed and returned. I then got sheets from them with current OTW mtgs they have. All registered meetings can be updated to sync with our schedule. There are some caveats as to how to list an address and some other minor things, but I will do this soon and sent it back.

Guidelines- The old guidelines were edited and blasted out with the changes from the last ASC. I brought a few copies with the changes.

PSA’a – Using a template in the PR handbook a letter was created to send to radio and TV stations. A member is creating a list of radio stations that reach our area and will investigate local TV stations as well. NAWS has 4 PSA’s but they are very short <http://www.na.org/?ID=psa-index> [http://www.na.org/?ID=local\\_resource\\_area\\_resources](http://www.na.org/?ID=local_resource_area_resources) has a bunch of locally developed PSA’s. The AZ ones are great and are 30 seconds long. We can write Detroit and they will put our phone number and web-site on for our use on TV!! Pikes Peak area has 4 awesome ones that can be for TV or radio. We would need to attach our phone number and web-site.

Website – our current webmaster, Pat H, was elected Regional webmaster, so he will train me about our new site. Fortnet currently has a page pointing to the new site – [otwna.org](http://otwna.org) – and will have a direct forward put in place in June. We have a member that is interested in serving as webmaster, but please announce it is available and we will elect someone at our next PI SC which will be May 30<sup>th</sup> at 10, so as to not conflict with Memorial Day weekend.

P.O. Box–I went this morning and distributed mail to H&I and the treasurer. I also printed out copies of the upcoming Montana convention in October.

Bus Ads–The 6 month contract needs to be renewed. Also, we will check into how much it costs to create new ads for the benches and buses with the new web address on them.

Blast– As always, if you are new here or want wanted to our blast go to the website and ask to be added.

I will be out of town for a memorial service on June 7<sup>th</sup> so our vice-chair, Mark, will report to the ASC.

**Hospital/institutions:** Sherri S. reported:

The subcommittee met on May 2<sup>nd</sup> with 8 members present. I am requesting \$120.50 in literature and \$5 toward rent.

The next subcommittee will meet on May 30<sup>th</sup> at 11am. Grateful to serve Sheri S

#### **Facility Reports:**

**LCDC MEN:** Dave A. - Meetings are held the 1<sup>st</sup> and 3<sup>rd</sup> Wednesdays at 7pm. We have 3-5 panel members per meeting. We had 9-12 attendees per meeting. Training was attended by Mark, Karen and Dave.

**LCDC WOMEN:** Karen C. - Not present-emailed report. -meeting is going great, women lined up and ready for us, went both times this month, grateful for Hauna. I really feel us fulfilling our primary purpose seeds are being planted and they are beginning to see hope.

**WCJ-Women:** Cathy S. - Meetings are held on Tuesday’s at 7pm- 2 times a month. We have 2 panel members per meeting and had 2-12 attendees per meeting. Weld County is not accepting new applications at this time. Cathy, Karen and Amber attended a mandatory training this month.

**TRT:** Janene F. not present/ had James report for her- Meetings are held every Wednesday at 5:30pm. We have 2-3 panel members per meeting and had 15-20 attendees per meeting. The speaker this month was Amber S.

**PVYS:** Brandon K.-Not present-No report.

**Detox:** Amber S.-Meetings are held every Monday at 5:30. We have 2-3 panel members at every meeting and 0-8 attendees per meeting. The panel presents an introduction to NA with questions answered at the end.

**Work Release:** Sjon C. Meetings are held every Thursday at 7pm. We have 2 panel members at every meeting and 9-14 attendees.

**ACTIVITIES:** Jacob R reported: **Hello family the activities subcommittee held their meeting on Saturday May 2, 2015, in Windsor at 9 am. Four members attended and we discussed Unity Day, the 4<sup>th</sup> of July picnic, and a couple of other ideas for possible events.**

**Unity day will take place on June 14<sup>th</sup> at Dave A.’s house located on 453 W. Swallow Rd. in Ft Collins from 9am to 12pm. We will be part of a worldwide conference call to listen to the Sunday Morning Spiritual Speaker from WCNA 36. Starting around 9:30 a.m. MDT, we’ll get hooked into the convention and be able to hear the readings in many languages as well as shout outs from other listeners around the world. We may even be able to give a greeting to the convention ourselves. Please**

bring breakfast foods such as doughnuts or bagels. The 7<sup>th</sup> will be pasted around as well. Flyers are available today.

The Fourth of July picnic will take place in Evans at Village Park located on 3700 17th Ave. from 3pm to 8pm. We are planning on providing burgers and other 4<sup>th</sup> of July food, but please bring a side dish. If you have any outdoor activities or games bring those as well. We will have an open meeting as well at around 4 or 5pm. Flyers for this event are also available today.

We are still planning on having the picnic/potluck in Estes at the beginning of September, a Halloween dance in Fort Collins, and marathon meeting events on Thanksgiving and Christmas. However, we are now discussing ideas for other activities in August and September including a bowling night and possibly a roller skating night. Another idea I particularly liked was a movie night for the release of the new Star Wars film in December. If we follow through with this tickets will need to be purchased far in advance.

I also wanted to announce that we received \$67.67 for the area's compensation for the New Year's Eve party. When the next New Year's Eve dance comes along we may need to take this into consideration when deciding whether or not to participate in the event once again for it is a loss. I thank you all again for being patient with me.

In closing the activities committee needs to pull \$85 out of its monthly budget this month. \$50 must be given as reimbursement for Dave A. for paying the Unity Day admission fee and \$35 must be given to James R. for reserving a space at Village Park for the Fourth of July Picnic. The next activities subcommittee meeting will take place in Windsor at 9am

**MERCHANDISE:** Kevin Not Present

**LITERATURE:** Tink reported: April sales total was approximately \$550 and an additional amount of \$57 for H&I Literature. I placed an order for \$520. However, page 3 of the order was not filled, so I obtained 6 1-year coins from another ASC to prepare for today's orders. I will be submitting a reimbursement of approximately \$20 to cover that cost. I completed a hard inventory of all items currently in stock in preparation for the new Literature Chairperson. The breakdown is as follows:

**H&I Stock=310.25(included in total amounts) Spanish Lit =204.60(included in total amounts)**

**WSO Value=\$2,246.36 OTW Value=\$2,781.24**

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for the assistance in service over the past year to Jennie M. and Ray L. I very much appreciate all your help. It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as the Off The Wall Area Literature Chair and I am grateful for having been trusted as a servant for the Narcotics Anonymous program. I will be happy to assist the new Chairperson in any way I can. In Loving Service, Tink

**CRCNA Liaison:** Cathy M reported:

Last Sat at the pancake breakfast the CRCNA logo was revealed, theme logo is Without Parallel!

If you haven't reserved your room for CRCNA do so soon, over half the rooms have already been reserved so they are going fast. Last week we ran out of Thursday night rooms, however they opened up a few more so if you are planning on staying Thursday night "Book Now".

\* Saturday May 30, 2015 is movie in the church park(ing lot) @ 3700 Saint Andrews Presbyterian Church Baseline Rd in Boulder Co. Speaker at 7pm movie will follow.

\*Friday June 26, 2015 is Lakeside, tickets are \$13.50 and you must have one to get into the park. We will NOT be able to hand them out like we did last year for they have asked us not to. So PLEASE make sure EVERYONE has a ticket!! BBQ in the Phantom Pavilion from 6pm to 7pm bring a side dish to share and please NO glass containers. Reminder there will be NO speaker that night.

**REGISTRATION:**

You can now register on line

Early Bird registration is from April 25 to May 26 \$20

June 27 to October 4 \$30; October 5 to November 6 is \$40; Day passes for Saturday ONLY \$20

Next CRCNA meeting is Saturday May 9, 2015 at the Englewood Library in the Perrin Room.

More will be revealed as to dates to other CRCNA Fundraisers!

Thank you for letting me be of service, Cathy S

**OLD BUSINESS:** None

**NEWLY ELECTED:** Peggy Z is our new Literature Chair,

**NEW BUSINESS: Meeting of the Month for May is "XX Genes/Live Group Sat mornings @9:00 ".**

**Motions:** To donate \$555.55 to Region.

**Intention:** To pass on our 7<sup>th</sup> Tradition ladder

**Passed**

**Motions:** To Change our contract for our ASC Facility to 1year instead of 6months.

**Intention:** To lock in a secure meeting place.

**Passed**

**Motions:** Donate tub of Lit from Freedom Springs group to the Sterling new group. Allow them to take what they need.

**Intention:** To assist new meeting

**Passed**

**Open Discussion: None**

**ELECTIONS:**

Merchandise Sub-committee

ASC Chair

ASC Vice-Chair

**ANNOUNCEMENTS:**

**Slamming Summer Soiree in May**

Hosted by Women's meeting

May 16<sup>th</sup> 12:30 @City Park (by the pool) Ft Collins  
Burgers/hot dogs provided (Bring a dish/desert to share)

**Memorial Day Picnic**

Hosted by When @the End of the Road

May 25<sup>th</sup>, @12:30 Edora Park, Ft Collins  
Burgers/Hot dogs provided (Bring a dish/desert to share)

**Bike Ride to Meeting in the Park**

Hosted by Addicts Seeking Sanity

June 6<sup>th</sup> @10:00 Poudre Trailhead@71<sup>st</sup> Ave Greeley  
19miles round trip/Meeting in Windsor/Bring a sack lunch

**Unity Day Event WCNA 36 from Rio @Dave A's**

June 14<sup>th</sup>, @9:00 to Noon

453 Swallow Rd/Killdeer Ft Collins  
(Bring an easy breakfast/brunch food to share)

**Fun Addicts Pot luck/Speaker**

220 E Oak Street, Fort Collins

June 21, Sunday @6:00

(Bring a dish)

**CRCNA F&E LAKESIDE AMUSEMENT PARK**

June 26, Friday 2015

Price: Rides \$13.00, Food \$5.00

Denver, CO

### **White Water Rafting**

Surrender to Win (Denver Group) Hosting

June, 28<sup>th</sup> Royal Gorge \$60.23/Park Dale \$47.03 person

Call Performance Tours to pay (NA group price) 1-800-328-7238

### **Independence Day Picnic**

July 4<sup>th</sup>@3-8

Village Park 3700 17<sup>th</sup> Ave Evans

Food will be provided

(Bring a dish to share)