



Open: 9:15AM with a moment of silence, followed by the Serenity Prayer and the reading of the 12 Concepts read by Angela

Approval of Last Month's Minutes: Motion to approve last month's minutes by Dave A., and was seconded by Taylor.

Roll Call: Angela A., Angie E., Jessica C., Goldberry M., Deb. B., Shell H., Jim M., Forrest C., Greg P., Amber S., Jacqueline A.-B., Newt L., Sjon C., Taylor M., Mile M., Tim G., Stacey J., Dave A., Kurt B., Keith B., Sharon F.

Guests: Tim: New GSR for Back to Basics, Shell: New GSR for Primary Purpose, Angela: New GSR for new group – no group name yet.

Birthdays; Tim: 6 months, Kurt: 23 years. Congratulations All!

General Information: Bobby W., (former Vice Chair), left meeting materials, and are available for any group that may need them.

Group Reports:

4th Street Recovery: Forrest GSR. Attendance 5-9 had 17 last week. Doing good. Area Donation: \$20.00

Addicts Helping Addicts: Sharon F.; GSR, Jennifer C.; GSRA. Attendance is growing, had some people come in from out of state. Area Donation: \$10.00

Addicts Seeking Sanity: Amber S. GSR. Need a GSRA. Corn Maze Activity: Oct. 28th, Dance on Dec. 10th. Fliers on the table. Where is the corn maze? Hwy 85 in LaSalle. Area Donation: \$30.00

Back to Basics: Tim G.: GSR Attendance 8 – 10 per meeting. Need guys with time and recovery, capable and willing for sponsorship, etc. Need a meeting starter kit. Area Donation: \$10.00

Buena Voluntad: Not present

Clean Serene Freaks: Taylor M.: GSR, Adam: GSRA. Could use support for Friday and Wednesday night meetings. Thinking of changing Wednesday meeting time. Open service positions available: Friday and Saturday Chair, and Unity Club Liason. Added new people for service: Jimmy R.: Activities Chair, Vickie D.: Literature Chair.

Dead Without It: Thelma J.; GSR. Not present.

Drug Busters: Mark M.: GSR. Kurt B. reporting. Meeting is going really well, avg. of 20 – 25 people. Area Donation: \$64.40.

Esperanza de a Vida "Hope for Life": Francisco R.; GSR, Abel C.; GSRA. Not present.

Free at Last: Group is at Harmony, they are carrying it for the time being.

Group Reports: (cont'd)

Freedom Springs: Jennifer C.: GSR. Not present

Hugs Not Drugs: Newt L. GSR. Attendance is up to about 14 per meeting. Making the rent with the 7th, most people are putting in 2 dollars now. Most people who show up are newcomers. Would be nice to have people who have been around for awhile to come. Question: Speaker mtg. tomorrow night. Yes. Who is speaking? Do not know who it is yet.

Just For Today: Greg P.: GSR, Candain M.; GSRA. All is well. Candain is our new GSRA. Area Donation: \$75.00.

NA Nooners: Jim M. reporting: Very much a newcomer meeting. Average of 20 people per meeting. In need of a GSR, And GSRA. Big Mike S. will be a Tuesday opener. Area Donation: \$25.00.

New Horizons: Not in attendance.

Primary Purpose: Shell: New GSR. Deb. B.: GSRA. GSRA is Deb. B. New Secretary: Shawn H. Meeting is being well attended, strong message. Open Position: Greeter. Donation: \$38.00 to Area. \$38.00 to World.

Steps and Traditions Roulette: Jacqueline A.-B.: GSR. Now have 6 home group members, averaging around 12 people per meeting. Meeting is doing well, celebrated our one year anniversary starting over on Basic Text readings. Area Donation: \$4.15.

When At The End Of The Road: Angie E.; GSR. Darren GSRA. Strong meeting, average of 20 people per meeting, lots of newcomers. New night meeting doing great. 2nd Saturday of every month will be a potluck, buying \$127.20 in Lit.

XX Genes: Jessica C.: GSR Attendance is down, could use support.

If your meeting report is not on here, make sure a written, preferably typed so I can read it, copy is turned in to Area Secretary! Thanks

Officer Reports

Vice Chair: Dave A. I hope my first attempt at chairing in September was considered at least mediocre. My misunderstanding of the financial part of the proposed additions caused me to interject into the discussion more than I should. But agreement was reached and we will deal with that in old business. Thanks to all attendees for putting up with the tight space, but it seemed everyone had a place as it should be in NA. I plan to attend some sub-committee meetings later this month. I thought we had a card that I needed to sign at the bank, but they were unaware. More will be revealed.

Report regarding Unity Day

I believe a good time was had by all. Major thanks to chef Newt and to all for the variety of food brought by attendees. Other than me not knowing what to say for the shoutout, hopefully the convention heard us, esp the hoot hoot. It seemed that everyone, 45 people, had a seat for the phone hookup, even with the outside speaker not functioning. I have the receipts for the treasurer. I overspent the \$200.00 budget by \$2.57 and according to our bylaws the overage is considered a donation. Since I had no idea of how many people would show up, I overbought. One full box of burgers, 2 packs of sausages, buns and chips were not consumed, along with half the pop. I donated some to the EOTR picnic the next day. I have highlighted the stuff that stayed with me and have a check for \$88.88. We collected \$47 in 7th tradition and \$9.00 in pop which I deposited in the bank. All told the event cost the ASC \$50 for the hook up, and \$111.12 in food less \$56 or \$105.12 total. Lets do it again in 2 years! Servitudinously, Dave A.

Secretary: Sharon F. I'm sending around the Phone List with the Roll Call sign-up sheet. Please update information if needed. I've completed the 2nd draft of changes for the Area Guidelines, and have highlighted copies available for review. If we accept these changes, I will include the revised version with the mass email of the October minutes. I'll also bring copies to the November Area meeting for those who may still need a copy.

We have received a notice from the City of Loveland for the increase of rate fees for rental of this meeting room for 2012. The cost will now be: \$30.00 per month, up from \$19.50 per month. This will bring the total to: \$330.00 per year, (up from \$214.50), not including the \$50.00 deposit. Do we need to vote on accepting this increase? Answer: We'll discuss it in **New Business**.

Questions: How far in advance are we paid? We're paid through December. Do we want to look for something else? Comment: There was a room next to the Coloradoan that may be available, I'll check into that. Comment: this location was chosen, because it is central in location.

Treasurer: Keith B. Balance: \$2101.05. Donations: 364.88. We owe for 3 months for phone bills.
 Disbursements:
 Phone bill.: \$290.00
 Literature: \$432.00
 Vineyard Church: \$ 57.0 0

Balance: \$1086.50 not including prudent reserve

Question: Did you figure out what the unknown was from last month? Yes, it was for the phone bill.

RMC 1/RCM 2: Jim M. & Deb. B. Jim M. reporting.

We would like to first of all thank those GSR's who attended the Regional Assembly on September 18, 2011. We realize it is a lot to ask to spend a whole day away from family to be of service, so a huge thank you. It is important to have your home group's voice heard at these Assembly meetings.

Elections: Marcia S. from the Mile High Area is the new Regional secretary.

Openings for Trusted Servants: Fellowship Development Subcommittee Chair and H&I Vice Chair. Up for elections at the November 2012 regional meeting are CRCNA XXVI Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. The CRCNA chair, vice chair and treasure are all seated voting members on the regional board and are expected to attend all regional meetings as well as regional assemblies.

CRCNA XXVI will be held in Off the Wall Area in Loveland in October 2012. The delegates at Regional Assembly directed the CNAC board to move forward with contract negotiations' with a local hotel. This will require some service work to be done by local area addicts. Another important way to support CRCNA XXVI is to make your room reservation for the hotel, once they become available in the spring of 2012. Although the hotel is in our back yard it is important to help honor our contract of room reservations with the hotel so that we receive our meeting space for free. More will be revealed as it is received. For now enjoy CRCNA XXV in a few weeks! This proposal for holding a Regional Campvention passed! Therefore look for the 1st Annual Campvention to be held at Turquoise Lake in Leadville, CO July 2012. This will run under the current CRCNA guidelines and will be looking for trusted servants to set up and be of service. Plan on being a part of the first annual Regional Campvention by attending the event!

2012 Budgets: The administration board, each subcommittee, the R.D. and R.D.A. each submitted their proposal for their 2012 budgetary needs. The budgets are still based on the Three Tier system which was passed at the Regional Assembly in Sterling in 2009. All budgets were passed with a few changes. Below is a brief overall chart of the budgets:

	Tier1	Tier 2	Tier3
PR. Budget	4370.00	6922.00	8622.00
Admin. Budget	3580.00	3780.00	4130.00
RD/RDA Budgets	2620.00		3820.00
Ad Hoc Budget/CNAC	1200.00		
Total	11,770	10,702	16572

The reason the PR budget is so large is that it includes the individual budgets for PI, H&I, Web, F.D. and PR. If your home group would like to view each budget I can email you a copy of them or I have a copy you may view today.

The RD and RDA gave a presentation on the "12 Concepts- History, Development, and Application". These tie in with the new service structure system which will be up for vote at the April's Regional Assembly.

Assembly and carried to the CAR in spring 2012. If this Area would like Chuck C, RDA to come to an area meeting to make the presentation he is more than willing to do so. We would just need to pick a date and let him know. The presentation is about 20-30 minutes in length and provides an in-depth look at the Concepts from inception to implantation.

Colorado State Fair: Mac M, Regional PI Chair, reviewed the results of the IMA booth at the Colorado State Fair. He noted that contact was made with over 425 people during the nine days of the fair and that many people had picked up literature or made a note of the NA website featured on the banner. The PI committee is planning on attending the State Fair again next year.

Once again the WSLD will be held in Denver in October 2012 a week prior to CRCNA XXVI. There is still a need for addicts to step up and be of service to help insure this event is a success. If interested contact Mac Me. at 720-328-1119.

Region is seeking direction on how to effectively better serve the area and groups of the Colorado Region. We are asking input from each home group on the following questions, What would be most valuable to them in terms of information and updates from Region?

1. Content
2. Form / Format
3. Delivery Method
4. Timing

Please gather your group's thoughts and bring them to the November Area meeting so the Jim and Deb may compile them and take them back to the Region in November.

World is collecting pictures from NA activities, dances, camp outs, picnics, conventions or where addicts gather celebrating living clean. They are collecting these to produce slide shows for future conventions. There is a need of pictures from those involved in the Fellowship in the United States. For more information contact the World Service Office.

The Colorado Region set a donation of \$1289.76 to NAWS.

Respectfully Submitted by,

Jim M and Deb B, RCM team

Questions: Is the donation quarterly? We look at what balance is not encumbered. In July, the donation was \$2757.00 Are you bring in the 12 concept discussion to this body? We were thinking of doing an activity around it. Maybe our meeting can help out with this. One of the reasons why we were thinking about doing it at the Area meeting, is that we could get all of the groups at once.

Activities Subcommittee: Open Seat.

CRCNA Liaison: Karen C. Angie reporting. Karen has requested gas money. Still a couple of hospitality rooms available. Question: Could you describe it? Provide food, drinks, for snacks. Hotel up here is not going to allow to bring in homemade food. If I go online, is there information of what times it is available? Yes. It is also part of the job to clean up. The block is booked up. We will have a live hook-up on Sunday with 4 speakers.

Hospitals and Institutions: Chair: Sjon C. Vice Chair: James R. Meeting the 29th due to CRCNA. Met on September 24th. There were 5 people in attendance. Rent is paid, we spent \$49.10 for Lit. ICCS – Going well. We go in on Sundays. ICDC Mens – Going good, could use some help. TRT – Going good, could use women going in. Detox going well. Inner Balance (Loveland) meeting woun't happen at this time – don't have people to take it on. ICCS Monday meeting - Jim M. voted in. Happens every other Monday. Harmony is not an H & I matter. If Area wants to pick it up, they can.

Question: What needs to happen to get Inner Balance meetings going? Loveland Inner Balance meeting will not happen from Greeley people, will need to have Loveland, Ft. Collins people come in to host. There was talk about Harmony, it isn't part of H & I. It is an Area issue. I was wondering what the requirements are for LCDC?

Hospitals and Institutions: (cont'd)

Requirements: Weld county: 3 years off paper, 6 months clean before sharing. You go through a full day class where the show you what you need to do, after you are cleared, they do it 4 times a year. What is needed for Inner Balance? Panel leader is needed to head it up. They are taking them do another meeting, there has been some dysfunction with that.

Literature Sub-Committee: Mike M. Last month's sales: \$436.65. This month's purchase: \$432.00. Last month's sales were under the \$500 mark. Orders of \$500 and over gives us a break in shipping costs, 6% discount. Basically, inventory dollar value is \$2000 and something. We are a bit overstocked according to the Guidelines. You say this is unusual, to order under \$500? Yes, it is unusual. Can we wait to order when we have a minimum of \$500? Don't think this will be an issue in the future.

Public Information Subcommittee: Ernie S. Kurt reporting. Ernie has moved to Denver. No one has stepped up to be Chair. Karl is serving as Vice Chair in the interim. Put it out to you groups that we need a P.I. Chair. I printed 400 schedules, meeting at the same place same time as always, except for this month, they will meet the 29th.

Merchandise Subcommittee: Open Seat.

Chair: Kurt B. I want to thank everyone that attended the ASC meeting last month and for the shout out at world. That was such an awesome ending to an incredible week in San Diego and the convention. Thanks Dave for hosting the ASC and the spiritual meeting.

We now have 41 meetings a week. This still includes some of the groups that have not checked into the ASC in quite a while, but it shows that we are growing. We are experiencing growth through-out the world. We have more than 38,000 meetings in the U.S. and more than 20,000 more internationally. Our area is growing and we need to ensure that we are upholding our fifth tradition. "Each group has but one primary purpose- to carry the message to the addict - who still suffers."

All our groups can do is plant the seed for recovery and bring addicts together so that the magic of empathy, honesty, caring, sharing, and service can do their work. The purpose of this tradition is to ensure that this atmosphere of recovery is maintained. This can only be achieved by keeping our groups recovery-oriented. The fact that we, each and every group, focus on carrying the message provides consistency; addicts can count on us. Unity of action and purpose makes possible what seemed impossible for us-recovery. Basic Text pg. 64

Any questions or concerns about my position or this body's commitment and why we are here? Thanks for letting me serve. Are your groups registered to the World? It is important that each group be registered, so that they will be counted.

Again, please have a written, preferably typed so I can read it, copy of all committee, subcommittee, and Adhoc committee meeting minutes given to Secretary. Thanks

Elections for Open Office

Activities: Any nominations? I do remember that Taylor was nominated. Taylor accepts the nomination. Requirements were read. Taylor qualified: Currently NA sponsor, work the steps with an NA Sponsor, 3 months shy of having 2 years clean, GSR of our group, Chair groups. Questions: Is your program strong enough to handle opposition? Are you freed up enough with all of your other commitments? Yes, I am busy this month, but will be freed up next month. Can you delegate? Have you worked the Traditions? Is there anything that states that we have a certain number of activities per year? No. Is there a GSRA that would help with the group? Yes, we have a GSRA, and my GSR position will be up in January. Can you ask for help when needed? Yes.

Vote: Unanimous. Taylor is our new Activities Chair!

Merchandise: No nominations

Public Information: No nominations. Please bring back to groups.

Old Business

Guidelines. Do we need to take this back to the groups, or is it OK as it is? OK as it is. Secretary will finalize and send out with the October Minutes.

Unity Day? We couldn't plan for We could have a thanksgiving Unity Day. That would be kind of neat.

New Business

Region Service: There are four areas where we are asking how region can better serve the Areas, Groups. What is the best way to communicate, format, timing?

How can the region have an idea on how to serve the area.

Comment: Location for meetings is central. It is a problem for this region, that it is a whole state, instead of just a city, and is spread out so far.

Comment: One thing that would help. A regional calendar here at Area. Have the communication available of what specific things happen when, elections, assemblies, etc.

Question: What about a projector that could show it on a screen. That would give a visual to help. It would be helpful to GSRs to get together a bullet list of what they need to know.

Suggestion: Put it on our website, in a format to bring back to groups. We meet in November, so we can make one up.

Comment: Next year is the assembly here, GSR's may need to be thinking about the new service structure. I've purchased a CAR to refer to.

Question: Living Clean Project will need to be finalized, people can get this online to review it.

There was an idea on how to get the GSR's interested, we could have a information gathering, where the CAR is gone over in detail.

Take back to your groups. Information will be taken back in November.

Assembly will be on the Western slope in the town of Serenity.

Discussion on whether we would like to keep meeting here; It never hurts to look around. Need better acoustics. Does it matter where? Could it be held at Unity Club? I will check it. We need room for 30 people +. Needs to be somewhere that is available to us each 1st Sunday on a consistent basis. We ended up here because it was neutral and non-affiliated. It is really important that we don't attach ourselves to any affiliation. We need to look for a neutral location.

Upcoming Events

CRCNA XXV
October 21 – 23rd, 2011
15500 East 40th Ave.
Denver, CO

Open Area Opportunities for Service:

ASC Merchandise

Public Information

Written Motions

- 1) **Donate a starter kit to Back to Basics.** Motion made by Taylor, seconded by Sjon C. Question: Don't you have what is needed since you have been meeting for awhile? We need posters and literature. Are the posters available? No, it would take about a month. How much are they? Cost: 3.50 a piece. 7 poster set: 10.00. The importance is that we are in a recovery house, so if we have the posters, we will have a presence even when we aren't there, we can give a NA message. Motion passes unanimously.

Note to all: Tri area new Year's bash is now a Quad area, since Pikes peak is joining us. Kurt is heading this up. We have 500 flyers, and tickets. Cost is \$20.00 for banquet. We will not have as many tickets available in our Area because Mile High is large. We will get 40, there are 200 total available. These are banquet tickets only. Hotel is \$59.00 with continental breakfast. First come, first serve. If Mile High Area doesn't sell all of their tickets, we can buy more of theirs.

Disbursements

3 months Phone Bill: \$290.00

Literature: \$432.00

Vineyard Church: \$57.00

CRCNA Chair: \$10.00

Activities

Addicts Seeking Sanity Group in Greeley Sponsors:

Corn Maze Scream

Friday, October 28th

6:30 to 10.00pm

Fritzler's Scream Acres

20861 Hwy. 85, LaSalle

Boulder Area Sponsors:

Halloween Ball "Night of the Living Clean"

Saturday, October 29th 1710 29th St. Unit 1C, Boulder

Speaker Jam starts at 7pm

Addicts Seeking Sanity Group in Greeley Sponsors:

Winter Dance

December 10

\$5.00 Donation & Potluck – Bring something to share

Doors open at 6:30pm, meeting begins at 7:30, Dance to follow

2608 7th Ave., Greeley

Next ASC Meeting:

Sunday, November 6th

9:00am

The Pulliam Building

545 N. Cleveland Ave.

Loveland, CO

Your Secretary thanks you for your patience!