



Open: 9:00 AM with a moment of silence, followed by the Serenity Prayer and the reading of the 12 Concepts of Service by John B

Approval of Last Month's Minutes: approved

Roll Call: Andrew M, Paul W, Ellen K, Goldberry, Keith B, Lyndsay H, Jim M, Dawn H, Shell H, John B, Steve B, Stephanni C, Liliias K, James R, Ernie S, Brandon K, Angie E, Helen F, Quintessa, Pat H

Guests/ New GSRs: Ellen Just for Today, John Gsra primary purpose, Goldberry xxgenes

Birthdays: Lyndsay 6 years Ellen 6 years Angie 3 years Congratulations

Opening Reading: "Service to the Fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous has its own rewards. When we practice spiritual principles in our daily lives, a stronger relationship with our Higher Power develops. Our relationship with our group and the fellowship grows stronger, too. Service in NA is a learning experience that allows us personal growth. We begin to look beyond our own interests, setting aside our self-centered view of life in order to better serve the whole. We benefit spirituality in return for our unselfish service." *It Works How and Why*, Tradition Two, page 143

Group Reports

Addicts Seeking Sanity: Ernie Gsr Meetings going well. New home group members, Nick J, Penny R and Alyssa. Sunday meetings are good averaging 40-50 people. Wednesday meetings are good; 15-20 people. Saturday Book study: Living Clean 20 people average. ASS has agreed to host the hospitality at CRCNA from 6-8 Saturday morning. \$60.00 area donation

Buena Voluntad: not in attendance

Clean Serene Freaks: Taylor M Gsr, Ginny Gsra, Andrew reporting Saturday meeting no longer a book study. All is well.

Dead Without It: not in attendance

Drug Busters: Liliias R GSR Things our going well. Our attendance has been low the past couple of weeks. Our treasurer is currently recovering from surgery so no donation.

Free at Last: not in attendance

Freedom Springs: Dawn GSR We have been having an average of 10-15 addicts attending and on some nights up to 20-25 so it seems we are growing, which is always nice. Our 7th has been paying the rent and buying supplies and that's about it. We got behind on the rent (by a couple of weeks) so I'm happy to say that we are back on track. It can only get better. After paying rent and buying supplies, we have \$14.60 plus our prudent reserve left in our treasury. Unfortunately we won't be able to donate to Area this month and we have hope that, once again, it can only get better.

Hope Group: Attendance averages into the high teens and low twenties. The rumor that the building is has sold is not true. But it is up for sale. We have 4 home group members, open positions are treasurer, gsr and gsra \$50 area donation, \$50 world donation

Just For Today: Ellen GSR Penny L stepped down, new GSR is Ellen K who stepped up. Tues & Fri night meetings both doing well. Tues is a step meeting. \$100.00 area donation

Live Group: Paul GSR New meetings women's group at 6 on Wed men's group at 7:15 on Wed and Thursday noon meeting.

Mass Addicts: Gsr Dave A The group is doing well with between 10 & 25 members per meeting depending upon whether the halfway house men attend. 7th is low, but we are keeping up. Rent will be paid for Sept-Dec soon at \$10 a month. That seems low, but again 7th is very low. The last Sunday of the month is Spiritual Darts so come find out how that works. We celebrate clean time every meeting. Our quarterly pot luck is the 22nd of this month, with the food theme being what you might bring to a tail gate party. Any and all are welcome with that style of food or any other, but please attend! Flyers are available. A name change may be in the works. Lyndsey from Ftc and Don H from Longmont speaking. \$5 area donation.

NA Nooner: Gsra Karl W, 1309 10th ave Saturday 12-1 Meetings are lasting 45 minutes. Still an average of 13-15 facility people and 5 outside members. Karl has asked one other place to hold meetings they have not responded. We are putting the word out there to come support and have not gotten results. \$5 area donation.

New Horizons: Not in attendance.

No Matter What: Brandon Gsr Attendance has been low, but we still are still meeting. Lots of newcomers! We need people. \$20 area donation.

Primary Purpose: Shell H Gsr, John B Gsra Meeting attendance & 7th are steady, good unity among members. We celebrate birthdays every week. It has changed its business meeting from before the meeting until after the meeting. \$17 area donation, \$17 world donation.

Recovery Swagg'd Out: Quintessa fully self supporting no changes need support.

Serene Machine: Andrew M GSR All is well, can always use new home group members

Serene Springs: not in attendance

Stairway to Recovery: Pat H reporting Average attendance has been good, for the last 2 months, at about 18 addicts per meeting. The 7th tradition has been averaging about \$0.50 per attendee since the groups inception. It was decided at our last group conscience will be on September 26th after the meeting, between 7:30 and 8:00pm there is not much else to report.

Steps and Traditions Roulette: not in attendance

When at The End Of The Road: Brett Gsr, Angie E Gsra Meeting is going good. Lots of halfway house and rehabs. Needs support. Average attendance is 15 – 20. We are in the beginning stage of planning a Thanksgiving feast. Voted to donate to area every 6 months.

XX Genes: Goldberry GSR doing well- strong group meeting regularly buying 1 book 5 home group members \$15 area donation

If your meeting report is not on here, make sure a written, preferably typed so I can read it, copy is turned in to Area Secretary! Thanks

Officer Reports

Chair: This past month I went into the Weld County Jail for the first time. I was amazed by the amount of jolt that experience gave my spirit. The area officers all met at the bank this month as well to change the names on the checking account. Keith and I have updated the Google Docs treasury sheet to the best of our ability. I believe it is correct but I might have to have a pow-wow with Dave to make sure. I am truly honored to be of service to our area and am so grateful you have put your faith in me to be area chair. I will also be asking for a monthly budget to cover the costs of printing the agendas and google docs treasury pages. I will be asking for a monthly budget of \$30 and will provide receipts for my purchases at Kinko's. I do not believe I will use \$30 every month. Probably closer to \$12 but I will put the money on a Kinko's card and will only ask for more money as I am closer to running out.

Next month you will notice that I am going to change the agenda by removing "inactive" groups. As stated in our guidelines: *Article II, item C. A quorum for conducting business consists of a simple majority of eligible participants-determined by chair roll call. If an N.A. group is not represented at two consecutive regular ASCs they are accorded "inactive" status for the purpose of quorum at the second ASC missed. A group will regain "active" status for quorum purposes when it sends a GSR or other representative to the ASC.*

The item stated above does not "inactivate" the group from the area as a whole just as a participating group at the ASC. This will ensure that we are conducting business in a timely manner. As stated above, once group sends a GSR to the area they will regain "active" status. If you wish to discuss this more in new business we can do so at the time, ILS
Lyndsay H

Vice Chair Jim M:

Activities: A World Unity Day event was held in conjunction with WCNA 35 in Philly. 18 addicts gathered in FtC to eat, pray, love and listen to the Sunday morning meeting from 9:30 to around 11:45. The readings were done in 4 different languages after shout outs to various other places that were also calling in. Iceland, Australia, Quebec & Iran were heard along with many correctional facilities, both men and women. Tears were shed and hearts were gladdened by really feeling part of a world-wide NA fellowship. We'll do it again in 2 years when WCNA 36 is Brazil!!! A t-shirt was sold for \$5 and the rest of the shirts will be given to merchandise to be sold at CRCNA or elsewhere. 2 bins of Activities stuff can be handed over to the current Activities chair or held to be distributed next month when several people are going to run for the position. The CRCNA F&E chair was contacted about the barn dance and a plan was hatched to do the cleanup prior. We tried to find chairs and tables for the event but were not able to help. Not sure if the actual dance happened but it was reported a good time was had and the speaker was most excellent. More will be revealed in the CRCNA report later this month.

RMC 1/RCM 2: Ray L / Stephanni the assembly is the 21st

Hospitals and Institutions: Report attached.

Public Information Subcommittee: Report Attached

questions: is there an established protocol for that? No I don't believe there is but I think that the gravity of the issue mean that some sort of protocol should be. Questions; I am unclear of this check that was given to you and you writing checks? I was not here for an ASC I was written on lump sum check and I don't have receipts for that but I do know. It was discussed at subcommittee but this was a one time thing. I can show you the total amount that was deposited into my account. Questions? As far as getting all the areas together I believe I gave you the regional pi chairs number. I have not heard back from anyone. At this point I think the thing to do would be to have our RCM bring it to region. Question: How did you know of the newcomer who came to the closed meeting? I was called and he wasn't a newcomer.

Literature Sub-Committee: It looks like I understated the inventory value by \$10 last month. After re counting the inventory I had a value of \$1902.04 instead of \$1892.23. That's all good. I sold \$594.25 in literature at ASC prices. I also gave \$112.15 to H&I which is \$104.05 at WSO prices. The actual value of this literature at WSO was

\$660.86 minus the \$104.05 for H&I and subtracting this from the \$594.25 in cash taken in means that literature earned the ASC \$37.44. This left me with \$1241.18 worth of literature. I ordered \$729.65 in new literature bringing the total value of the literature inventory to \$1970.83. There was a \$43.76 discount and a \$41.16 freight charge so the actual cost to Area was only \$727.03.

Last month I ordered 25 ninety day keytags and I had 34 on stock. When I went to do inventory after the ASC I found I had sold 34 keytags and sold out. I did not know how this happened and I went back and checked the order invoice and it had the 35 ninety day keytags on it. I suspected they did not put them in the order but I did not take inventory of the order when it got here. This time when I got Septembers order I did an inventory of it and lo and behold I was short one Basic Text. I honestly do not know if this has happened before but sine the inventory has checked out fairly closely I do not think it has or at least not anymore noticeable. I did not expect this to happen at the world level and I should have been checking, the orders more closely. I will from now on I will be calling world next to see if we can be reimbursed for the items in question. The 25 keytags cost us \$12 and the Basic Text is \$11.

Merchandise Subcommittee: not much to report still working on selling out of the t-shirts about 30 left probably going to the rally on recovery with the pi set up a booth there and stuff new logo on my computer is you want to see it. Don't pay any attention to the colors. The actual logo is here to look at. Coffee mugs on special order 26 from that to turn in. Next month will be asking for a disbursement for that. My position is open

I will still continue do to what I can until someone steps up. Question: Merchandise is not open until April.

Questions How old are those shirts I am wondering if we can use them as door prizes or something like that.

Answer: I was ordering new shirts in October and use them as raffle type items after the one or two functions in October. Question: why did we not have our merchandise at the barn dance? Normally when there is a fundraiser I don't participate in fundraisers the fundraiser was for crcna and I didn't want to conflict with there fundraising. Normally I just participate at functions for the area or the groups.

Treasurer: Keith B. \$1513.09 balance including prudent reserve deposits from square inc must be card reader. See monthly accounting sheet. Disbursements Secretary 30 Lyndsay 20 Hi 5 for rent PI for printing 16 total 136.00

CRCNA Liaison: Angie E Keystone Inn is sold out. The next meeting is this Saturday. There are 300 registered so far. 150 banquet dinners purchased. I will send out a blast report. This Saturday is NA Idol in Boulder is the last crcna fundraiser. Questions: If you are going to get a hotel within 30 days you will be paying up front when you make your reservation for the full cost of the room. Question: Who is the speaker at the event? Tina B Questions: just a couple things to note they are trying to do an exercise/yoga contact me or angie if you are able to help. Also they are doing campfire meetings at night with guitars and drum circles.

Again, please have a written, preferably typed so I can read it, copy of all committee, subcommittee, and Adhoc committee meeting minutes given to Secretary. Thanks

Old Business

Do the guidelines need to be modified? Possibly do away with Article VI, Sect D, Sub e @separate inventory

Are you at 20% now, close probably less. I do keep them as part of the inventory. Jim: I would be support of getting rid of the article. We have already spoken to this that if things have to be special ordered then we should not have special items sitting. Mark: How is special defined also? Dawn: I also have trouble identifying it wouldn't be part of the inventory. Mark: is not necessary to pay in front because it gets confusing keeping track of what inventory I have and what money I have.

New Business

Meeting changes protocols:

Discussion: I don't think this is part of this bodies responsibility it should be brought back to the groups. It should go back to the PI subcommittee. It should be communicated to the webmaster and then we will get the meeting list printed.

The bus bench ad @ \$75-100 to produce and 75-100 per month based upon where it ran. Did you contact them to see if we can say where we want it? No. Questions: are you asking to increase our budget? No we freed up a large amount of money because of the bus ads in Fort Collins being cancelled. Question: If its within budget why does it need to come to area? **Motion** made to have it go back to pi committee since it is within budget? Passed

Are meetings ending short in other groups in Loveland and Fort Collins? Various solutions were discussed.

Motion for \$500 regional donation passed.

Open Area Opportunities for Service: Newsletter Chair, Activities Chair

Upcoming Events

Regional Assembly: 9/21 GSRs encouraged to attend, lunch provided 9am to 5pm 1400 Lafayette St, Denver, CO
Mass Addict Potluck and Speakers on Sunday, September 22nd
CRCNA XXVII- October 4th-6th 2013, Keystone, CO
Next ASC October 13th, 2013- Elections: Activities Sub-Committee Chair

Written Motions

To amend guidelines to state a trusted servant that missed two consecutive commitments pertaining to their position without a report or a total of 4 within a year is considered to have resigned. Ex H&I chair misses 2 H&I sub-committee w/o report is considered to have resigned. Passes

**Next ASC Meeting:
October 13, 2013 9:00am
The Majestic Gathering Place
315 East 4th Street
Loveland, CO**

Your Secretary thanks you for your patience!

PI 8/24/2013

Phoneline- was in Ft Collins 4-5 calls per week, Dave doesn't get service at work, noticed he didn't have service even when he got home so he took at battery and then it worked again. Greeley getting the phone today, they currently have 8 people after losing 3 people; will have the phone for 3 months.

Street media- bus posters in FtC we no longer have a working relationship with them which frees up \$60 per month.

Next media- bus posters in Greeley- sent a contract for 3 months for 3 posters (\$20 per poster, per month) We decided to run only 2 posters on the bus in Greeley. Would also like to do a bus bench in Greeley. It would cost \$100 to create the poster and \$75-100 per month for the bench ad. Will talk to members at ASC to decide if they want to pursue this. Also will try to find out where the bench would be.

Rally for recovery- 9-14-13 from 11 to 3 at Journey Christian Church, will have two tables (one for PI one for merch) Steve will bring Area merch and Karl will bring the shirts he has left from the nooner. James will give a 3-5 minute presentation.

Radio Station in Greeley proposed a contract which entailed a minimum of \$600 per month. PSA efforts are stagnant and done.

Thrifty Nickle 32 for 1 week in August. Voted to do that every month and vote passes.

Victor had talked about \$200 he had in his account at area. To clarify why they did that, the treasurer was not at area and James and Dave made a quick decision to give him 1 check instead of 5. Was a one-time thing, no plans for this to happen again. Will hold onto \$32 remaining.

We would like to collaborate our Thrifty Nickle charges with the region. Would like to speak to Region PI chairs about this. Victor will contact Stephanni and Ray to ask them to take to Region.

We are moving the lit rack at CSU to the Work enders

An addict states that it is not legal to reprint IP's from website which we have been doing for cost purposes. Victor called world to find out if this is true and they said that groups can print them but not individuals (?). World sent us \$300 IPs. We have decided as a group to use up the IPs we've already printed and then not use this method again. The NA listing in the Greeley paper has shown up approximately once every month. No listing in Coloradoan will try to rectify this.

Boulder is still listing old phone numbers on their website, however they have said they will fix it.

Budget:

Thifty Nickle - \$32

Bus Posters - \$60

Rent - \$5

Meeting Lists - \$8

Total - \$105 out of \$200 (\$95 remaining)

There was a situation which the subcommittee finds very problematic Mon & Fri meeting moved and two new meetings never sent out blast or contacted webmaster. FTC, Greeley, Berthoud and Estes never new about schedule change. Will be looking for vice-chair for subcommittee 10 IPs will be given to PVH emergency room and 10 to mountain crest. Please make announcements about PI flier opportunities as we feel that simply placing them in a binder w/o announcing them will not carry the message about the phone line and H&I opportunities

Off the Wall Hospitals and Institutions Report for September 8th 2013

The Subcommittees met on August 24th. All Panel Coordinators and committee members showed up!!!! We had some discussion about going in alone. The subcommittee backed up guidelines that allow on the rare occasion, this is allowable, if this is a pattern, we need to inform the facility we cannot make the commitment. Dave A has made a flyer for H&I and other service needs. We ask that the GSR's express the needs of H&I, as well as other service bodies, in their group conscience or other announcements. Anyone interested in helping H&I at CRCNA can get a hold of Dawn H, as we are looking for anyone wanting to be at the table to welcome addicts from the facilities as they come in. This involves welcoming, handing out welcome packets with literature, meeting list and white key tag and giving out information on how to be of service to H&I.

Larimer County Jail Men's- This is a panel presentation with the men sharing their experience strength and hope. It meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday. Had a member that didn't show up twice and so didn't go in the first time but did the next. There was a great one on one meeting on one occasion. Have a member that will go in very rarely but will on 9/17 and another that will go in for Dave on 9/5.

North Range Behavioral Health Treatment- This is typically a literature discussion and a once a month speaker meeting. It meets every Wednesday from 5:30 to 6:30pm. One male panel member has stepped down to just once a month, and a female has stepped down entirely. Have no fear, a number of females and a male have stepped up to fill these places. Attendance is back up. Had a young speaker this month and did an awesome job speaking. Always looking for speakers.

Weld County Work Release: This is literature discussion on IPs and also rotating from the basic text and JFT. Do open discussion from the reading that was read. It meets every Thursday from 7 to 8pm. Numbers range from 2-10. Another member has picked up the slack for the Panel coordinator this month as he has been working. We have had late starts due to shift changes and head count. They do have signs posted for the meeting, just no interest other than the ones that come for a "class requirement" Have four panel members going in on a rotation basis.

Weld County Jail Women: We are going in the first time since April. This meeting is a literature discussion, with good questions. Attendance was 18-20 women. There is a lot of enthusiasm that we are back from all sides ☺. This was Lindsey & Cathy will continue to go in twice a month. We continue to look for more women to go in to support our efforts here.

Weld County Jail Men: There has been a damper on clean time and off paper has created problems getting men to go in. We are spreading the word for need of panel members.

Larimer County Jail Women's: This meeting is a literature discussion. This meeting goes in the 2nd and 3rd week of this month, with about 13 in attendance. No panel members had been going in with the Panel Coordinator, as she had decided to carry the message any way possible. After some discussion and looking at guidelines it was decided to reiterate to all panel members that if no commitment by others is made, we would inform the facility that we are unable to continue going in as we do not go in alone regularly. I have been informed that this communication has taken place and other members are going in with the Panel Coordinator. Process to get cleared has become difficult as it requires applying online, much like applying for a county job, as opposed to the here is a name, social and birthdate just by word of mouth. Suggested we make laptops available at area or events to make it more accessible to those wanting to go in. Please let us know if you are interested in going in ☺

North Range Behavioral Health Detox: This is typically a literature discussion. We go in every Monday from 5:30 to 6:30pm. Attendance is from 1-12. There is some cross talk and clients giving advice and lots of AA talk during the meetings. We are redirecting back to the message.

Platte Valley Youth Correctional Facility: This is a literature discussion on the Basic Text. This meeting goes in every 2nd and 4th Saturday from 7 to 8pm. The addicts there are being educated and it is being established who and what NA is, as they have no to very little experience with us. Kids are great and seem very interested. Was approached by staff member to not allow kids to talk about their past. Going through basic text and have to ask one of the kids to share or else they sit in silence. Attendance is 5-8. Need women as this is male & female facility. It is just men doing the meeting now. Brandon was elected to the Panel Coordinator position.

We are still in search of a vice chair for the sub-committee. Requires 1 year clean and 6 months H&I experience-fills in for Chairperson and helps coordinate resources for panels. Anyone interested in H&I please note- only 3 months to sit in on a panel and see what we do- 6 months to share your experience strength and hope and detox, work release and TRT. All other facilities are lock down- jails- and require 1 year clean, at least 3 years off paper, and a background check. Our next subcommittee meeting is September 28 at 11am at 1450 Westwood Drive in Windsor at the Vineyard church. Please contact me if you have any questions 970-301-5334.

ILS,

James R ☺

Requesting \$115.00 in literature and \$5 in rent.