



Off the Wall Area



Narcotics Anonymous

Off The Wall Area Service Committee Minutes November 3, 2013

Open: 9:00 AM with a moment of silence, followed by the Serenity Prayer and the reading of the 12 Concepts of Service by Goldberry

Approval of Last Month's Minutes: Amended roll call then approved.

Roll Call: Ernie S, Sheri S, Mike H, Ellen K, Pat L, Kurt B, Goldberry M, James R, Steve B, Dawn H, Victor R, John B, Shell H, Liliias R, Brett A, Paul W, Jen C, Stephanni C, Andrew M, Keith B, Lyndsay H, Jim M, Brandon K

Birthdays: Goldberry 10 years Congratulations!!!

Opening Reading: "Sharing in regularly scheduled meetings and one-on-one with recovering addicts helps us stay clean. Attending meetings reminds us what it is like to be new and of the progressive nature of our disease. Attending our home group provides encouragement from the people that we get to know. This sustains our recovery and helps us in our daily living. When we honestly tell our own story, someone else may identify with us. Serving the needs of our members and making our message available gives us a feeling of joy. Service gives us opportunities to grow in ways that touch all parts of our lives." Basic Text, page 95.

Group Reports:

Addicts Seeking Sanity: Ernie S Gsr Helen F Gsra Discussed what we do with money as far as Area, Region and World donations. Decided to have our area to investigate further and bring info to our group. Ernie S Saturday opener, Mike M Sunday opener. \$80 area donation.

Clean Serene Freaks: Mike H Gsr Joe B Gsra Attendance has fallen off a bit and 7th has dropped along with it. We have a new Tuesday chair. Lit chair is open. Avg attendance is 5-8. Could use support from oldtimers from the area.

Drug Busters: Liliias R Gsr All is well Attendance is up and steady. We are switching around chairs so other people can have the chance to chair.

Freedom Springs: Dawn H Gsr Our meetings are being attended regularly 10-12 average getting one Living Clean book with balance 7.45

Hope Group: Wont't have meeting on Nov 28th. Having bowling event Nov 23rd at Chippers Lanes. Flyers available. Have new Mon, Tues & Wed openers. Thanks to those with time who come to the meeting- lots of newcomers average just above 20. \$15 area donation.

Just For Today: Ellen K Gsr Keith Gsra our attendance an 7th both are down. We are able to make rent and still have enough to buy literature and we are donating \$35 we are down to home group member number of four and that s why we are asking for support.

Live Group: Paul W Gsr Jen C Gsra All meetings are doing good- sat night live is growing mens changed to 8pm

No Matter What: Brandon Gsr Meeting needs support as there are generally newcomers present.

Primary Purpose: John B Gsr Changed group conscious to every other month next gc dec 19th for holiday time. Attendance and 7th steady. Need attendees and home group members. \$14 area donation

Recovery Swagg'd Out: Quintessa Gsr 10-15 people a week. Group needs homegroup members \$30 area donation.

Serene Machine: Andrew M Gsr Attendance is steady but low \$. Addicts with clean time are always welcome/appreciated/needed to help introduce people to the NA message

Stairway to Recovery: Pat L As of Mon Oct 28th we had a total of \$100 from 7th tradition We average approx 21 attendees per meeting. Rent is met. Could use new group members and an opener. \$15 area donation.

When At The End Of The Road: Brett A Gsr Meetings going well. Attendance steady new people taking interest in serving as chair on different days. \$90.48 area donation.

XX Genes: Goldberry GSR All is swell \$21.00 area donation.

If your meeting report is not on here, make sure a written, preferably typed so I can read it, copy is turned in to Area Secretary! Thanks

Officer Reports

Chair: I believe I remembered everything this month. :) The google doc's have been updated and are current. The meeting lists have been printed. We have the bank bag and the deposit has been made. We have agendas and they have all the information they need. YAY! This is definitely a learning process, thank you for your patience. ILS Lyndsay H

RMC 1/RCM 2: My apologies for not being able to make it, as I am out hunting and had the trip planned over a year ago. I will be able to attend the next region meeting and carry any information Off the Wall needs me to do. Ray L
Region meets November 17- Stephanni

Hospitals and Institutions: Report attached

Public Information Subcommittee: Report attached. Questions: Google group is no different with than the off the wall blast you have to give us your email and be invited. Dave C at Fortnet.org my impression is that they are kind of cooling on hosting on our web site and that may be coming up.

Can we have some definite answers as to where we are going with

The blast email problem has to do with the server?

There are two checks that look like they haven't cleared yet. One is \$50 for Fortnet. The \$40 to Lamar I just sent in to their billing office in Louisiana a couple days ago.

Literature Sub-Committee: Starting with \$1766.00 worth of literature we sold \$628.60 at ASC prices. ASC gave literature worth \$97.45 to H&I and \$9.25 to the group No Matter What at ASC prices bringing to total to \$521.9. The actual cost to Area of literature sold was \$586.88. The actual cost of literature given to H&I and No Matter What was \$98.00 so the total cost to Area was \$488.88. This leaves a profit of \$33.02. After sales we were left with \$1179.12 worth of literature. I then ordered 518.10 of new literature bringing the total worth of the literature inventory to \$1697.22. After discounts the total cost of the literature order was actually \$516.24 adding another \$1.86 to the total profit from last month to \$34.88.

Merchandise Subcommittee: Not much to report the coffee mugs and water bottles will no longer be personalized because of problems getting names right & dates right. I am going to be talking with activities to see if I can get help or ideas from them to help get things going for merchandise. Really hard for myself to act alone. Next meeting November 23 at noon Windsor at Vinyard Church call Steve B to help in anyway

Activities Subcommittee: Notes from Oct. 13th

Attendance: Kurt B, Chris G, Jen C, Jenny C., Ernie S., Joe B, Goldberry C, Ray H

Make and publish schedule for activities

January – New Year's Eve Dance

February – Valentines Dance

March

April

May –

Memorial Day Picnic – WATER Group

June – ASS Camp-Out

Rafting Adventure

July – Area Camp-Out

August- Poker Run

September – Barn Dance

October

November

December

It was discussed that we make a flyer and tickets for the Tri-Area New Year's Dance as what has tradition has dictated in the past. Discussion was brought up about holding our own event to allow the newcomer that cannot travel to have an event.

Request to produce flyer to get the home groups involved in events. Sponsorship from home groups will be the key to the success of the years events.

Discussion to hold the AAC meeting on Saturday, the same day and location as all the other sub-committees at 8AM. Next meeting will be October 26th.

We are meeting with Mile high in Longmont at Starbucks Nov 9th anyone welcome.

Questions: Have you come up with a budget? 300 was the previous budget.

Treasurer: Starting balance of \$1120.06. We took in 310.48 today. After disbursements ending balance of 703.75 (including 600 prudent reserve) Keith B.

Again, please have a written, preferably typed so I can read it, copy of all committee, subcommittee, and Adhoc committee meeting minutes given to Secretary. Thanks

Old Business

Last area Stephanni had brought up possibility of donating money directly to world. Shell researched and had sent out an email blast with results, 64 pages, but the blast malfunctioned. Shell: My group as always donated to World but I also think the region does a really good job about donating. I encourage you all to take a look. There is also a pamphlet called "Where our money goes"

Discussed money flow and regional budget will be online.

New Business

Elections:

H&I Chair Sherry S nominated, accepted, qualified elected ☺

Open Area Opportunities for Service: RCM 1

Upcoming Events

Step and Traditions Roulette 3 year anniversary- Nov 14th, 6pm at 4800 Wheaton Drive Ft Collins
Cosmic Bowling at Chipper's Classic Lanes- Nov 23rd, 7:45pm@ 2454 8th Ave in Greeley
Mass Addicts Potluck Dinner and Speakers, December 15th, 6pm@220 East Oak Street, Ft Collins
New Years Eve Party- Dec 31st, 6:15 pm, banquet, 9pm dance@1850 Industrial Circle, Longmont

Written Motions

Motion 1: To approve \$300.00 for the group sponsored event Thanksgiving potluck. Knowing that we are not scheduled with-in the guidelines of planning ahead 60 days. Passes.

Motion 2: Activities subcommittee has requested that we as an area plan a year in advance our activities. We are looking for group participation for those events. We would like to add our events onto the meeting schedule with sponsored events by month. Passes.

Motion 3: To add us to the rental payment for our subcommittee meeting at 1450 Westwood Dr Windsor CO 80550 The additional cost is \$5.00 a month and \$5.00 a month for rent of our storage facility. Passes.

Motion 4: To approve the amount of \$62.79 difference of the \$200.00 given to activities last month. Passes.

Motion 5: To give \$ to Fortnet. Withdrawn.

Motion 6: To give the PI subcommittee \$5 for rent being that we are spending all of our monthly budget for October. Passes.

Disbursements

40 phonebill, 62.79 activities, 10 for rent, 78 post office, 30 secretary, 200 PI, 300 Activities

**Next ASC Meeting:
December 1, 2013 9:00am
The Majestic Gathering Place
315 East 4th Street
Loveland, CO**

Your Secretary thanks you for your patience!

Off the wall Hospitals and Institutions report for November 3rd 2013

The subcommittee met on October 27th and had 12 members present including all but 1 panel lead and other elected positions as well as 2 new members!!! We did elect a new Vice-Chair, Sheri S. We are working on having a link up to the Larimer County Jail application to the OTWA website to make it more accessible to be able to apply for LCJ. Larimer County Jail Women's: This meeting is a literature discussion. This meeting goes in the 2nd and 4th week of the month and has had 2 members going in at all times. Topics have been fear, change and life on life's terms with attendance ranging from 12 to 23. We are looking for more women to go in.

Larimer County Jail Men's – This is a panel presentation with the men sharing their experience strength and hope on what to do when getting out. It meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday. Went in 2x last month; however we only had 1 member show up to one and didn't actually get go in so that we didn't go in by ourselves. Attendance was around 10 for the meeting that was held.

North Range Behavioral Health Treatment - This is typically a literature discussion and a once a month speaker meeting. It meets every Wednesday from 5:30 to 6:30pm. Attendance has been up, around 17 -20. Had a few members miss the 4th, as they took the 4th to mean the last Wednesday of the month, however, there was a new member there and we were able to go in. We had a good speaker this month.

Weld County Jail Women: This meeting is a literature discussion, recently going over a story in the basic text. May start going over topics as other meetings do. We are going in every other Tuesday. Attendance is 8-10. We continue to look for more women to go in to support our efforts here and the facility will do a special orientation if we get members approved to go in. Cathy was re-elected to be panel lead – this should have happened in September, but I over looked this. I dropped off 6 basic texts, 1 Spanish basic text, and one English and Spanish JFT. I did speak w/ Chaplin Joe and he understands the book issue, but re-iterated that books walk out with inmates. He suggested that maybe 10 – 15 Introductory Guides to N.A. a month would work if we could or would. We are currently going to follow this suggestion as our budget allows for it.

Weld County Jail Men: Continue to be in need of men to go in. Have 3 applications out not yet turned in.

North Range Behavioral Health Detox: This is typically a literature discussion, have been going over IP's. We go in every Monday from 5:30 to 6:30pm, but this upcoming Monday will be going in at 6:00 due to construction. Attendance is ranging from 1-8. Still have some cross talk and a onetime sleeper! We are looking for more members to go in. The panel Lead position up in December.

Platte Valley Youth Services Center: This is a literature discussion on the Basic Text going chapter to chapter. This meeting goes in every other Saturday from 7 to 8pm. Attendance ranges from 8-10. The meeting is now mixed, had 1 female attend. We are working on getting females to go in. Also can have visitors go in w/ the panel.

Weld County Work Release: This is literature discussion on IP's and also rotating reading from the basic text and JFT. Do open discussion from the reading that was read. It meets every Thursday from 7 to 8pm. Attendance has been up. No report this month.

Anyone interested in H&I please note – only 3 months to sit in on a panel and see what we do – 6 months to share your experience strength and hope for detox, work release and TRT. All other facilities are lock down – jails – and require 1 year clean, at least 3 years off paper, and a back ground check. Our next subcommittee meeting is November 23rd at 11:00am at 1450 Westwood Drive in Windsor at the Vineyard church.

My thanks to Off the Wall Area for allowing me to serve as H&I chair.

ILS,

James R ☺

We are requesting \$ in literature and \$5 in rent.

10/26/2013

James, Dave, Jennifer, Karl, Sheri, Lyndsay, Jim, and Wendy

12 concepts read by James

Web Servant - Pat

10/25/2013

Report to the OTW Area **PI** sub-committee

I am sorry everyone, that I am unable to attend the **PI** sub-committee meeting but I was unable to alter my schedule to do so.

Meetings

As far as I know all meeting on the meeting lists are current.

A couple things that are needed for the website are:

1. Need No Matter What Topics for November and December
2. Need a new Mass Addicts Potluck/Speaker meeting Flyer; for the December 15th meeting. Also need information on the March ?, 2014 meetings. A generic flyer for all future speaker meetings would be good also if the meeting dates could be nailed down for a year or by saying something like 3rd Sunday of every 3rd month.

Finally; Paul and Jen the GSR for the Live Group, are now up to speed on how to update the meeting lists for their groups meetings.

Activities

Instead of listing individual activities from other areas or regions to fill our activities page when things are slow in OTW Area; I have included a statement to use the links at the bottom of the activities page to find activities in adjacent areas and regions.

I also verified all these links are active. All links were good except for the Mountain High Area (un-repairable) and the Colorado Region Events page. The Colorado Region events page address changed, due to the Colorado website update, but is OK now. Check out the new Colorado Region website.

I got the new activities sub-committee flyer up on the activities page and on the activities sub-committee page. Hopefully this will encourage groups to sponsor more activities.

I should have cornered Kurt the new Activities Chair at the last ASC meeting. I need to confirm that he is Kurt B. is the new Activities chair. I will probably just email him to get his permission to put his e-mail on the Activities service page.

Literature

One thing that will need to be updated at a future date, will be the literature order form.

I know that I heard that NAWS will be increasing the price on literature. I could not find

an increase date on the NA WS website. I'm sure Mark has this under control. I just need the new order form to place on the website before the prices go up.

The Blast

It will be important in the near future to test and implement the Google Groups Blast.

My thoughts are we need to enroll a group to test the Google Group. I am sure that 5 to 10 in this group would work.

I would also set up a completely separate Google group that can be abandoned and not traced back to OTW area. This is just so if we screw up all the settings we can just abandon it and start over. Once we know what we are doing we can set up some ground rules for sending a blast and get started with the official, dedicated "OTW Blast Group". I am sorry I have not been screwing around with this, but I think: it will be simple.

Once again sorry I am not there.

Pat H. - Web Servant

Phoneline - Greeley Karl

Have the phone for the entire month of November then it will go back to Fort Collins.

Dave's Report

Reports to P.I & H&I 10/26/13

I called Jim Weber again and had already talked to Kas about checking the IP rack. Hearing nothing I wrote Jim about the rack. I also wrote WSO PR (twice) about PSA's. This is the response.

My apologies. I recall seeing your original email but it seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle, so thank you for following up. Honestly, the relevant law about broadcasting is not something we really have much information on. Since NAWS doesn't ourselves air any PSAs we don't have direct experience to share. My very non-expert understanding is that a lot of those sorts of rules went out during the Reagan era when so much was deregulated, but I honestly don't know. To find the info, I would be limited to the same routes as yourself searching the Internet, and asking other NA members. That said, if your research concludes that the only way to air a PSA would be to pay for it, I am aware of nothing within NA's guiding principles that would prevent a service body from paying for the use of air time; it does not seem meaningfully different from paying for other third party services like meeting space. I know the Pike's Peak Area created some television PSAs a while back. Although radio and TV may have different nuances regarding FCC rules, seeing as they are in your region it might be worth getting hold of their PI subcommittee and seeing if they have the relevant knowledge you are looking for. I hope that is in some way helpful. I am sorry that I don't have more specific help to offer in this regard. Let me know if I can be further resource in this. On a final note, we'd love to hear any PSAs you create; please share them if you are willing.

I wrote PP PI and heard back from Shannon. She said that PSA's are supposed to air for free but is waiting to hear back from John B who is the guy that made the PSA's and is getting them out. I also wrote Tawni, the reg'l PI chair about when their mtgs are and to introduce myself, although I think I met her a few years ago. Jenny is interested in working the phoneline so right now it looks like we have Dave A, Victor, Dave W, Karen & Jenny. I would like to stick with us handling 2 months for now which means getting the phone back at Nov's mtg and giving it back to Karl in Jan. Also wrote reg'l webmaster about posting time and place of future reg'l mtgs along with agendas. They do a piss poor job in my opinion of informing addicts. Yes, we get info from our RSR's but not enough is on the website, IMHO.

I will try to understand the difference between PR and PI subcommittees to see what direction we need to head. Lastly, I believe Lyndsay has served her commitment as secretary and if no-one steps up then it is my duty to serve.

H&I - Went to LCJ twice. On 10/103 Mark and I had a great mtg. On 10/17 I had left my phone at home on the bed and so could not contact Colin. He didn't show. I was determined to go in by myself, but was sitting and waiting and thinking and not thinking and it became apparent to me that I could not go in alone. So, I returned my badge to the deputy and left. I called Colin and he is still interested in going in once a month, but has been busy. He did go in twice in Sept. So, we will continue trying to recruit men and women for LCJ and the LC phoneline.

Greeley Tribune - James

James has noticed that they do not list us regularly. If he calls then we usually show up.

PI presentation at Touchstone - Chris called Victor to let him know that he and two other addicts went to give a presentation. Subcommittee members were concerned because for someone to do a presentation they should be

attending the subcommittee. Thankfully Jennifer was at the subcommittee and could give us good information about the presentation. We decided that we simply need coordination of efforts in the future.

Fortnet - Blast

The blast is not always working, we are thinking of switching to google groups but need to gather more info. I.E. Do you have to have a gmail account to use the blast?

Bus Bench Ads in Greeley

It is 2 for the price of one so two bus benches will cost us \$90 a month. It costs \$100 to fabricate the posters for the benches so we voted to spend the \$200 this month to fabricate the posters. Some addicts will decide on the best benches to target "our people".

Thrifty Nickle - We decided not to do the ad this month because of funds for bus benches. Still trying to coordinate with other areas and region to try to get an ad in every day of the month.

Budget is spent on fabricating bus bench ads.