



Off The Wall Area

Narcotics Anonymous



## **FEBUARY 1st, 2015 OTW ASC MINUTES**

**Open:** 9:05 AM with a moment of silence, followed by the Serenity Prayer and the reading of the 12 Concepts

**Approval of Last Month's Minutes:** Amendment, Approved.

**Guests:** Taylor M. Welcome!!!

**BIRTHDAYS:** Sharon 9yrs, Taylor 5yrs, John B 2 yrs, Josh 90 days Yahoo!!!

### **GROUP REPORTS**

**ADDICTS SEEKING SANITY:** Helen F. reported-Meeting attendance is strong and well supported. Speaker Jam and Taco bar followed by our regular meeting is still in the planning stage. Scheduling for Jackson Lake is ongoing. \$140.00 donation.

**CLEAN SERENE FREAKS:** Mike H. reporting-Meeting w/be closing at in end of the Month, only 1 home group member. No donation.

**DEAD W/OUT IT:** Richard L reporting: Attendance is great, up to 40 people, Great attendance from the treatment facility; we have lots of new home group members. We are starting to use our new literature rack. \$7.00 donation.

**DRUG BUSTERS:** Liliias R reported-Meetings are going well, attendance is steady, our meeting room is being renovated (a kitchen for us) No needs or concerns at this time. \$35.15 donation.

**FREEDOM SPRINGS:** Not Present-

**FREE at LAST:** Not Present

**FUN ADDICTS:** Karen C reported: Meetings are going great, good attendance. No donation.

**HOPE GROUP:** Jenna B. reported-Attendance is better (40 people), lots of new comers, need home group members and a treasurer, Thinking about closing the Hope Group if people cannot step up for position, we don't want to close doors. Michelle M is our new GSRA, \$20.00 donation.

**JUST FOR TODAY:** Becky S. reported-2 meeting a week @7:00, Tuesday and Fridays. Tuesday is a book Study (It works How and Why) 7<sup>th</sup> is up, meetings are going well-no problems/no concerns. We are planning a camp out up @Red Feather July 17-19. Speakers and other fun activities are planned. No Donation

**LIVE GROUP:** Taylor M reported-We are growing and doing very well, looking for a GSRA. We are moving and w/report when we get a new location. We have 12 meetings and average 10-15 addicts. \$14.00 donation.

**NEVER ALONE:** New Group in Sterling on Saturdays @1:30.-Meetings are going, self supporting and has an email, would really like support.

**NOONER:** Danny G. reported-Attendance is low @times, all is well. \$68.00 donation

**No Matter What:** Not Present

**PRIMARY PURPOSE:** John B. reported-Attendance is good, 7<sup>th</sup> is good, All is well. \$24.00 donation

**RECOVERY SWAG'D OUT:** Karen C. reported- Meetings are great, good attendance, rent is paid for 3 months and buying Lit. No donation.

**STAIRWAY TO RECOVERY:** Mike W. reported-Our meetings are going good, but we need group members. \$20.00 donation.

STEPS & TRADITIONS ROULETTE: Kurt B reported-Attendance is overflowing, 7<sup>th</sup> is down. \$6.00 donation.

THE UDDER GROUP: Mark M-reported- In the last month only 2 addicts showed up, good meetings though, looking at moving meeting and wrote a motion to provide funds to help, need to fill out application to submit to the Church board. No donation.

WHEN AT THE END OF THE ROAD: Shane Reported-Attendance is good

XX GENES: Sharon H.-Meetings are going great-we now have the Treatment Center girls attending, paid rent for 6 months. \$30.00 Donation.

### **OFFICER REPORTS:**

CHAIR: Jim Reported- report on the Agenda

VICE CHAIR: Ernie S. reported: He has nothing to report.

SECRETARY: Karen C reported-I am planning on running for a 2nd Term as Secretary. Welcome Michelle. Our area is growing!!!! I am requesting all Sub-committee Chairs to submit their reports to email Kcampbell911@hotmailcom.

TREASURER: Mike M. reported-Total income from last month \$605.88, total expenses \$375.90-Current balance \$1759.24. Minus our prudent reserve of \$600.00=1,150.24. I have prepared an End of the Year report for 2014. In loving Service, Mike M

### **SUB-COMMITTEE REPORTS**

**RCM 1:** James reported: RCM Report for Feb 1<sup>st</sup> 2015

I attended the Regional Committee meeting on January 18<sup>th</sup> 2015. Unity Day is coming up April 11<sup>th</sup> from 1pm to 11pm. Discussion on the insurance policy about what events exactly does it cover. There will be some review of this policy to get more clarity. Some groups have asked for the insurance policy number.

There are new stainless steel engraved medallions available from world as well as JFT calendars. Pikes Peak is trying out Group Support Forums. RD's are going to Serenity Unlimited Area to explain new service structure and are happy to go and explain if anyone would also like a presentation.

Theme and logo contest for CRCNA, entries must be in by April. The next CRCNA meeting Feb 14<sup>th</sup> is at the Englewood Library. They are looking at changing the seed money as part of guideline changes from \$5,000 to \$7,500. A motion was made and there was a consensus to keep \$2,500 from the donation from CRCNA to the Region, until seeing if the guidelines changes are passed. The donation at this time from CRCNA is \$7,725.02. A late check of \$627.24 will be forwarded to the new CRCNA account. CRCNA will not be doing the barn dance next year.

Colorado Region Rocky Mountain Campout is also having a theme and logo contest and is looking for speakers.

Patty P the new PI chair is getting up to speed and is attending PI sub committees in the areas. Need V. Chair, 2yr commitment, 4yr clean time requirement.

H and I had been looking at maybe making the DOC coordinator its own position. There was a request for \$2373.00 for literature is the DOC facilities, a combo of 100 books to inmates and books in the libraries. It was mentioned that there is a regular request for 100 books for inmates. This was discovered to be not true. The proposal ended up being a request for \$1218 for the 5 main books in every facility; this is less as it does not include the 100 books for inmates. This was voted down. Curious to see how the area feels, as I voted to put books in the libraries, but am not sure the area actually would have supported this proposal. GSR's, please be aware this may be brought back up at the assembly, so please take this back so I can get a feel and so you can also know how your group feels if it presented at the Assembly in April.

Next PR Meeting will be a virtual meeting on:

Saturday March 21, 2015

PI 12:00- 1:00

Web/PR 1:00-2:00

H&I 2:00-3:00

Public Information, Public Relations, Hospitals and Institutions and the web servant position are all up for election come the Assembly as well.

The CRCNA guideline revisions are done and up for review, please take these back to the groups and bring feedback to the next Area Service Committee so I can take it to the next Region. Final version will also be voted on during the Assembly. This includes the restriction of passing the basket during CRCNA being lifted.

The Region decided to keep line items as line items on all budgets, and not allow them to be moved.

The Region is operating on a tier 3 budget, which means the budgets are operating at the high end as it was deemed a successful year for CRCNA. All budgets equal \$14,000. We are already ahead of this after this Regional meeting.

The Assembly will be in the Pikes Peak area on April 18<sup>th</sup>. Location TBD. Next Region is March 22<sup>nd</sup>. ILS,

**RCM 2:** John K reported: Attended 1<sup>st</sup> Regional meeting, interesting experience; calmer and serene than ever experienced. He is looking forward to serving our Area.

**Public Information:** Dave A was out of town:

02/01/2015 - Web Master Report:

Meeting list and activities pages are up to date. I will add more activities from neighboring areas and regions when the activities page is bare (as it is now).

When a GSR has a new meeting that needs to be promoted, a meeting being cancelled or any meeting other meeting changes that should be communicated to the area as soon as possible, so that our meeting lists for OTW Area are accurate when an addict is trying to find a meeting to attend. There are several ways that that can be done:

Send the meeting changes, via email. The best email address to send the change to is: "Web Servant"

[otwnaweb@gmail.com](mailto:otwnaweb@gmail.com) - The web servant will then update the OTW Area website "Meeting.html" page. The printable meeting list that can be downloaded (meetings.pdf) from the website will also be updated. These updates are the web servant's responsibility.

GSRs can also directly send the meeting update information to all members of the OTWASC Google Group (anybody who is anybody belongs to the OTWASC Google Group) by also sending the same email to: "Everybody"

[otwasc@googlegroups.com](mailto:otwasc@googlegroups.com) - We refer to this as sending a "Blast". This will also get to the web servant. To join the OTWASC Google Group see the homepage of the website: [fortnet.org/na](http://fortnet.org/na) - You will see a link just under the line that says:

Stay informed; all you need to do is join the "OTWASC google group" email list server.

You can call the web servant if all else fails. Be sure to leave a message for Pat H. 970-59-0957

Recent Updates in 2015

01/10/2015 — New Meeting in Greeley, Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - NA Nooner at 9 am - 1322 3 1st Ave, (Church, parking and entrance in south east lot) - OD

01/03/2015 - the Sunday, 2:00 PM in Loveland "New Mens Meeting" has been cancelled and removed from the meeting lists (531 E. Eisenhower)

**Hospital/institutions:** Sherri S. reported:

The subcommittee met on January 31<sup>st</sup> with 11 members present. Amber S. is now our Panel Coordinator for Detox. The Panel Coordinator position for TRT and also Larimer County Detention Center (Men's) is up for election next month.

Please spread the word! I attended Regional H&I on January 17<sup>th</sup> in Boulder. We started going over the budget and guideline changes. We will meet again in March to finish up. I also emailed Goldberry M. the names and numbers of members who are willing to speak at Harmony on Saturday nights.

#### **CLEAN TIME REQUIREMENTS FOR H&I SERVICE**

3 months clean time to sit on a panel. 6 months clean time required to share on a panel. (Detox, Work Release & TRT)

1 year clean with at least 3 years off paper and a background check for Larimer County Detention Center.

1 year clean with at least 3 years off paper and an extensive background check for Weld County Jail and Platte Valley Youth Services Center.

#### **Reports**

**LCDC-Women:** Karen C. — Meetings are going very well at this time and usually have good attendance. There are currently two meetings per month on the second and fourth Mondays at 7 PM. Only able to take one meeting to the women this month due no panel members being available to go with Karen-facility requires two members be present at all meetings. The panel will possibly have one new member in the near future. She is currently training now and will most likely step up as a member once training is complete. Sadly, Dawn H. is going to be leaving us-she's moving to Texas. That leaves LCDC-W with only two volunteers at the present! There is a big need for support here! We need willing women with a minimum of three years OFF PAPER.

**LCDC-Men:** Dave A. — Not present but sent report. Meetings are going very well with a packed house several times and some great discussion. Only able to bring the facility one meeting this month due to a family emergency out of state.

**WCJ-Women:** Cathy S. — Meetings are going well with good attendance-usually 6-12 attendees each time with literature study and/or open discussion. There are currently two meetings a month on Tuesdays at 7 PM. There are a few women

who recently submitted applications to volunteer at WCW; we need to continue to spread the word as there is always a need for more who are able to serve.

**TRT:** Karl W. – Meetings are going well; panel holds a meeting here every Wednesday evening. There was a wonderful speaker meeting this month as well! It has been a BIG challenge to keep updated meeting lists at the facility. This issue was brought to the attention of the facility staff multiple times, however, they seem to be unaware of who is stocking old, outdated meeting lists. We have asked the staff to allow NA members to be the ONLY ones who stock meeting lists but thus far the issue continues to persist. The person to take over this position will need to be aware of the need to check often to ensure updated/current meeting lists and current event fliers are stocked regularly.

**Detox:** James R. – Meetings are going well although attendance has been somewhat lower this month with about 3-5 attendees at each meeting. Currently the panel holds 1 meeting at the facility every Monday evening; there have been four meetings this month. Studying IPs for meeting topics and this is going well. Amber S. is willing to step up as the new panel coordinator! Additionally, Lisa Y. may potentially become a panel member-she has attended a few meetings and we should know soon if she will accept the position. Have seen one detox client recently at NA meetings in Fort Collins-very exciting!

**Platte Valley Youth:** Brandon K. – We take one meeting per month to the facility on the third Saturday of each month, however, we were unable to bring a meeting to the facility this month due to no fault of our own. The facility recently got a new shift supervisor who was not aware that NA brings a meeting to the facility and hence, we were not allowed to go inside. Did get in touch finally with our point of contact for the facility who assured us new employees will be made aware of NA meetings due to come to the facility and this glitch will not occur again.

**Work Release:** Sjon C. – Not present today but sent a report. Meetings have been going very well with plenty of extra help from other panel members during Sjon's illness. Two panel members have attended each meeting this month.

Attendance has been good with a strong NA message at meetings.

Next subcommittee is scheduled for February 28<sup>th</sup> @ 11:00am!

I am requesting \$116. in literature and \$5 in rent. Grateful to Serve~Sheri S.

**ACTIVITIES:** Jacob R. reported:

Hello family, the activities subcommittee held their meeting on January 31<sup>st</sup> at Windsor at 1 pm. We had to reschedule from 9 am because the activities chair slept in. Four members attended and we refined our plans for the Saint Patrick's Day party. The party will take place on March 21<sup>st</sup> at the Majestic from 7pm to 10:30; possibly 11pm. Our friend Lillias will be speaking at 7:30, and afterwards we all can enjoy the potluck (corn beef and beverages will be provided), board games, and Irish music. Feel free to wear plenty of green. Fliers are available today and they are online as well. Feel free to begin announcing it at meetings.

We are still planning on doing something for Unity day in June, a 4<sup>th</sup> of July picnic in Greeley, a picnic/potluck in Estes at the beginning of September, a Halloween dance in Fort Collins, and marathon meetings on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Unfortunately, there will be no barn dance this year due to financial problems, however we were asked to discuss possible ideas for a CRCNA promoted activity in the Off the Wall. The group consensus was to have a western themed dance minus the barn. Please let me know if you have any other ideas. In regards to old business Anna from the Mile High Area has not gotten back to me to let me know how much money will be returned to Off the Wall from the New Year's Eve dance. I'll find out as soon as I can, and I'll send that information out on the blast.

The next activities subcommittee meeting will take place on the same day in the same location in Windsor at 9am before the other subcommittee meetings. I'll make sure not to sleep in next month. In closing the activities subcommittee would like to motion for \$200 to pay the deposit on the Majestic and to purchase food and decorations for the Saint Patrick's Day party.

**MERCHANDISE:** John B. reported:

We received the new sweatshirts and they have been selling well. We have sold six so far and that was in approximately a week. \$251.15 was deposited into the account from credit card purchases and checks also we have received \$60 in cash sales. This does include purchases made today at asc. I will be requesting my monthly budget of \$200.00 to purchase another run of sweatshirts with more sizes. I am asking the area to retain the \$30.00 for change purposes. This is above my submitted budget. Also I would like to ask that if you have questions or concerns or if you receive questions from others that you direct all those inquiries to me. Thanks John B. 9703245277

**CRCNA Liaison:** Cathy M reported:

Elections:

H&H Chair: Coy P (MH Area)

Programs Chair: Jim M (OTW Area)

Print & Display Chair: Adam C (MH Area)

F&E Chair: Vale A (MH Area)

Merchandise Chair: Darrin M (MH Area)

Registration Chair: Michelle W ( MH Area)  
Convention Info & Web Chair: Autumn K (Boulder Area)  
H&I Chair :Ben S ( Boulder Area)  
CRCNA Location:

Westminster Weston Hotel

November 6, 7 and 8th

meals may be a little more expensive

Cheaper Rates/Rooms

\*It was recommended that chair persons that were under qualified with clean time get treasures with 5 years clean  
CRCNA meets again 2/14/2015 at the Englewood Library @ 11am in the Perrin Room. Thank you for letting me be of service  
Cathy S

#### **OLD BUSINESS:**

**NEWLY ELECTED:** Karen C. elected for 2nd term as Secretary.

**NEW BUSINESS:** Meeting of the Month for February is "Hope Group in Greeley and Never Alone Group in Sterling CO."

**Motions:** Merchandise retains \$30.00 in cash to provide change.

Passed:

**Motions:** The Udder group requests \$100.00 to secure the use of Wellington Community Church. The group will refund by donations accepted at the meeting. Intent: To carry the message to Wellington Community.

Passed:

### **MARCH ELECTIONS: Public Information Sub Chair**

### **ANNOUNCEMENTS:**

**Valentine's Day Dance**  
8085 E Hampton, Denver, CO  
February 13<sup>th</sup>, Friday @6:00 Speakers/Meeting/Dance

**Fun Addicts Pot luck/Speaker**  
220 E Oak Street, Fort Collins  
March 8<sup>th</sup>, Sunday @6:00  
(Bring a dish)

**Saint Patrick's Day Party**  
315 E 4<sup>th</sup> St, Loveland, CO  
Saturday, March 21, 2015  
7:00-10:00

**UNITY DAY X**  
1660 Sherman St, Denver, CO  
April 11<sup>th</sup>, Saturday

11:00-1:00AM

**Colorado Regional Service Committee Assembly Meeting**

April 18<sup>th</sup> 2015

Colorado Springs CO 2015