



MINUTES May 1st, 2016

Open: 9:00 AM with a moment of silence, followed by the Serenity Prayer and the reading of 12 Concepts.

Approval of Last Month's Minutes: Correct John K. is RCM2, rather than RCM1, leave Karen's report AS IS

Guests/ New GSRs, GSRA's: *Kathryn S. and Dave B.*

Birthdays: Ronnie B. 9 months Sheri S. 5 years

Group Reports:

Addicts Seeking Sanity: Jason B "Addicts seeking sanity meets every Wednesday & Saturday @6 or 7 and Sunday @4 at 3800 W 20th street in Greeley. A.S.S. will be providing buns and cheese for the 30 years of NA in Greeley celebration. Votes in favor of changing elections to be held all in the same month. Helen F re-elected treasurer for another year."

Dead Without It: Richard L. "We are doing well meeting at 7:30 Friday night still have a high attendance Karen's speaking Friday night rocked it, our next speaker is Rodney S. on June 24 we are ordering literature and \$9.55 for area donation"

Drug Busters: Garrett "Meetings are going well. We have a new home group member as of this month, giving us 4 members. We have a \$15.00 donation."

Fun Addicts: Zach V. "Meeting attendance has gone way down. Otherwise all is well. Next potluck and speaker meeting is on June 12th. Need someone with over one year to speak, if interested please contact Dave A. 20.00 area donation.

Freed From Insanity: Chris L. "Attendance is good. We are selling literature, Monday night literature meeting, Thursday Living Clean study, Sunday evening is Just for Today reading. 7th tradition has been growing."

Just For Today: Sjon "All is well we meet at 10:15 9th Ave Greeley Co. We meet Mon Thurs, Fri at noon til 1:00 we also meet Tue & Fri from 7 to 8. WE NEED HOME GROUP MEMBERS, group con next week, no donation."

Live Group: Daniel "Group is doing good. We have a \$151.05 Lit order and a \$70 donation. The attendance is growing over the last couple of months. Sorry we missed last month."

Never Alone: LaDonna "Never alone celebrated its second annual spring fling. 80 in attendance, with one newcomer. Lots of food, fellowship, and talent. We also celebrated the last resort having the opportunity to attend. A special thank you goes out to our appreciated speakers that helped carry a clear na message. Never alone is still averaging 8 to 10 in attendance, and still supporting the last resort group. For the month of April, at last resort we gave out 10 little white books. 8 welcome chips, 3 30 day chips. 6 60 day chips. 4 90 day chips. 1 6 mo. Chip. 1 9 mo. Chip. 1 year chip. The meeting averaging 10 to 13 a week. 10:00 donation no literature bought"

NA Nooners: Trino "All is well We have a \$29.00 area donation"

No Matter What: no rep present, no report

Primary Purpose: Shell "Steady attendance, 7th steady, good meetings, will soon be losing 2 home group members and positions open in May Hope a donation is made to regional, in favor of changing election dates for ease of bank signatures."

Recovery SWAG'D Out: Paul "MEETING IS GOING GOOD BIRTHDAY MEETING- VERY SUCCESSFUL ATTENDANCE IS GROWING AVERAGE 25-40 COME CELEBRATE B-DAY W/ US"

Stairway to Recovery: Newt, "Going well, attendance very good in March, down a bit in April. All commitments are fulfilled. Still need home group members."

Steps and Traditions Roulette: Jacqueline "Good news! We have all our meeting service positions filled with new blood. Thank God. Welcome our new GSRA, Kathryn S attendance is steady. We are looking for new locations, suggested by our new blood. We are discussing studying the concepts We have tea instead of coffee."

When At The End Of The Road: Shane “Strong meeting, 20-50 addicts attending. May speaker- Shauna June-Leonard H. Studying 5th step and 5th tradition this month. Memorial Day Picnic with burgers and dogs provided, potluck. Speaker Daniel F. “

XX Genes: no representative, no report available

Miracle on Oak Street: Karen “Our group is steady- 1 new home group member, Twain. Buying lit ASC donation 4.44”

{Home Group of the month: Just for Today and NA Nooner}

Officer Reports:

Chair: Ernie attached

Vice Chair: Ray B. “Upon returning from our NA cruise I was able to go & sign the card for the account to get it updated. For clarification I will be here next month for area, no need to change things around in voting because of that. I will be gone in AUG & OCT & was only letting the body know in advance so it wasn't a surprise. Other than that I have nothing to report. I have been busy on weekends hanging sheetrock in our basement &; that has kept me from attending activities that I so enjoy. I do see the end in sight & am looking forward to some fun & fellowship his summer.”

Secretary: Amy- minutes and a motion

RCM 2: John K. “I would like to start by thanking all the GSRs for their understanding in the recent canceling and rescheduling of the GSR assembly. With the difficulties GSRs from other areas were facing with traveling during the storm front in contrast to the funds already spent to facilitate the assembly, I assure you the decision was not arrived at lightly. Thank you also to all those involved with disseminating the information of the cancellation and conference call set up to get CAR votes to the RD and RDA. The assembly still needs to take place to address such things as guideline changes, so all GSRs are asked to attend the Regional meeting on May 22 Mariposa St which in essence is being rescheduled as the assembly. nd at 10:00am in Denver at 1212 I also decided to create a google account just for the OTWRCM2 and requested addition to the OTW group so that web blast info will come to my phone and I can post things like this recent occurrence (I created it without using personal information so it can be passed on to the next RCM2 when that time comes). I am hoping this will make it easier for me to direct anything like this in the future directly to the area. Administrators of the web blast please watch for this application to comethrough. Upon reflection of the reimbursement requests I had to make in the last couple of months (since those are the only times I asked this body for any moneys) and the recent events of the storm,, I have decided to request an RCM2 budget of \$150 available to cover such expenses as fuel, food, and if the need arises (like the assembly in Grand Junction) hotel accommodations. I do not expect to use most of this on most occasions, but I feel it is only right of me to put the possibility of such expenditures to the area for consideration.”

Hospitals and Institutions: John B. “Subcommittee did not meet this month due to scheduling conflicts with all but one of the Panel Coordinators. All Panel Coordinators did send in a report. We currently have 7 facilities that we serve and hold approximately 21 meetings a month with the help of 26 service members. We are needing members to be of service at the following facilities: Panel Coordinator at Detox, Panel Members at Work Release, Weld County Men's and Detox. As always we can always use support in all facilities. The subcommittee was contacted by Amy about possibly getting an H and I meeting to go into the Larimer County Community mental health facility as they are expanding to include substance abuse in their treatment. I would ask that anyone interested in being a Panel Coordinator or a panel member please contact me so we can try to coordinate this. At this time to my knowledge I am the only man cleared to go into the Men's Jail in Greeley. Unfortunately this means we will not be having a men's' meeting at that facility. We are purchasing \$123.70 in literature.

FACILITIES WE SERVE

LCDC MEN'S: Panel Coordinator is Richard L , 2 panel members going in 2 times a month with 20-25 attending.

LCDC WOMEN'S: Panel Coordinator is Karen C, 2 panel members going in 2 times a month with 12-18 attending.

WCJ WOMEN'S: Panel Coordinator is Lyndsay H, 4 panel members going in 2-3 times averaging 7 attendees.

WCJ MEN'S: Currently no Panel Coordinator elected, 2 panel members going in 2 times a month with 1-4 attending.

TRUE NORTH (TRT): Panel Coordinator is Janene F, 7 panel members going in 4-5 times a month with 15-20 attending.

DETOX: Panel Coordinator is open, 7 panel members going in 4 times a month with up to 11 attending.

WORK RELEASE: Panel Coordinator is Sjon C, 4 panel members going in 4-5 times a month with 11-16 attending.

Public Information Subcommittee: Mark M. "I tried to print the poster that was on the website when I realized it still had the old website address on it. Since it was in PDF format I was unable to change it myself. Luckily Don knew how to but it took a couple of weeks to finally get it right I now have the corrected posters saved to my mass storage device and my computer. I'm not sure if Don has reposted the corrected ones back on the website. I would imagine so. I did get some meeting lists to Jeff B to place in the Alley Cat coffee shop. I will try to get him the posters next weekend. There are now three phone on the phone line now. Ladonna Dave and Me. I tried to get Shawn H and Karen to meet me for some training on the new phone line but we couldn't connect. I'll keep trying on this. There were 49 calls on the phone line last month. The answer to answering live calls is to have more people on the phonenumber. Ladonna has been doing the lion's share of this as she has more free time. I have since added Karen to the line. That makes four now. I will try to get another person on this month. There were 942 hits on the webpage in March. That is an average of 31.4 hits a day. There were 13 posts and 27 comments on the OTW Facebook page in April. Thanks for keeping it real. The Lamar bill got paid but it was a huge hassle. I didn't get it mailed until the 15th of the month because the bill didn't arrive until after the ASC. Dan the treasurer couldn't get it to me until then as he lives in Eaton and works in Denver. He was supposed to pay it himself but couldn't because he isn't a signer yet on the bank account. This is going to be a real problem until we get this done. I have added the phone numbers of all the Areas in Colorado to the contact list for the phone line. This way we will be able to get addicts connected to those who will be better able to help them no matter where they are in Colorado. I forgot to change the date on the meeting list this month again. I did add all the changes that were sent to me. The Tuesday Night Live Meditation Meeting starts at 7PM now and the Never Alone meeting in Sterling no longer enters through the front door. Old business: I am trying a new way to do poster drives. I am printing posters and taking them to meetings and asking each meeting if they would like to post them in the places of their choice. I am going to try and get a literature rack next ASC to place in the Poudre River Library with a selection of IPs. I will need to contact the library for permission for this. PSAs are on hold right now. My plate is really full now and I need some help to do this stuff. I still don't know where the phonenumber guideline binder is. I have a note to call statistics but I don't remember what that was about. There was discussion about contacting GJ about their symposium which I haven't done. I have been sick for about two weeks this month and have had some other serious health issues come up. I am gradually getting better so I will try to apply myself more this next month. New business:

I am trying a new way to do poster drives by going to different groups and asking them if they would be willing to post them in sites around their meeting locations. The PI and HI sub-committee meetings were cancelled due to conflicts with Area and Regional activity conflicts. There was some confusion as the Merchandise and Activities Committees decided to move their meetings to the 30th. I did not find out about this until the day before our usual meeting date that is posted on the OTW website as the fourth Saturday of the month. Since most of the attendance for the PI meetings comes from overflow from these meetings and the short amount of time left to inform others of the change I was faced with a quandary. I decided to move the time for the PI meeting to after the HI meeting which at that point was to occur on the normal date. Then John called me the morning of the meeting day and told me he had decided to cancel due to non-attendance. Since I had sent out a blast indicating I had moved the meeting to noon after the HI meeting that day and there wasn't enough time to get the word out properly I went to Windsor and waited to see if anyone would show up. I am

sorry for the confusion and I hope that his can be avoided in the future. I am asking for a disbursement for two small literature racks and the IPs to put in them. I am requesting a disbursement of \$17.50 for copies made in March. \$13.50 for meeting lists and \$4.00 for posters. I really want to be able to stop saying I and say we instead. I Need committee officers for Vice Chair, Secretary and possible phone line chair. Please take this back to your groups and announce it.

Literature Sub-Committee: Peggy attach

Merchandise Subcommittee: Shane R. attach

Activities Subcommittee: Jacob attach

Treasurer: Danny attach

CRCNA Liaison: Sheri S. *" I was unable to attend the CRCNA Committee meeting in April. I have CRCNA registration forms and Chili Cookoff flyers for GSR's to take back to their home groups. The next CRCNA fundraiser will be the Chili Cookoff on May 28 th in Bailey Co. Also the OTW Activities Committee now has Lakeside tickets to be distributed to addicts wanting to attend that event in June. Hotel rooms for CRCNA are pretty much sold out as of now. The committee will be negotiating with the hotel to open up more rooms for us, but the price will be a bit higher. I will pass that info on as soon as I receive it."*

Open Area Opportunities for Service: Literature Peggy accepts, again. Thank you!

Old Business

GSRs took issues of rotating positions all at once and keeping some at two years back to groups for discussion. Donation to Region tabled due to motions coming up.

Motions

RCM2 John K. budget approved
PI Mark budget approved
Secretary Amy renew contract and pay rent approved

New Business

Question about Ad Hoc for new bank. Declined

Disbursements

Completed

Upcoming Events- 3rd Annual WRCNA August 2016 & CRCNA 30 October 2016

Next ASC Meeting:
June 5 , 2016 9:00am
The Majestic Gathering Place
315 East 4th Street
Loveland, CO.

10:56am adjourned
akloby72@gmail.com