

OTWASC MINUTES September 3rd, 2017

Open: 9:00

Approval of Last Month's Minutes: CRCNA liaison report there was some discussion added to minutes. Please amend to remove the discussion from the minutes regarding CRCNA helpers. PI report was not in the minutes, just said report would be given later, please add to the minutes. Motion to accept as amended, seconded, unanimously passed.

Guests/ New GSRs: Mark standing in for Steps and Traditions GSR and GSRA who are out of town. John new GSR. Peggy new GSRA for addicts seeking sanity. Patrick, new GSRA for when at the end of the road. Jamie, new GSRA for Just for today.

Visitors:

Birthdays: Zach V., 2 years. Patrick, 2 years. Tink, 6 years.

Group Reports

Addicts Book Club: Karen reporting unofficial. Going well so far. No donation, no Group Conscience yet.

Addicts Seeking Sanity: Peggy reporting. Meetings going well, \$240 donation

Dead Without It: Richard L reporting. Meet at 1208 W. Elizabeth, Lindsey spoke at last speaker meeting. We don't yet know where we're moving. We'll stay open minded. Saving to throw a party, no donation this month, buying a little lit, caught up on our bills. Had a little situation with the Turning Point boys, called them and they came back and apologized this last Friday. I bring it up in case it happens at another meeting. We're going to start looking more intensely for a meeting place. We don't know when, because the church is still looking for a new place.

Drugbusters: Mark M reporting. Meet at 531 south college Sat 11 am, last sat of month is birthday meeting. Next meeting will be held at 220 east oak due to parking issues. No donation.

Fun Addicts: Zach V. reporting. Meetings going well, still have large attendance. To keep atmosphere of recovery at our meetings we are ending open sign-ups for chairing after October. After that only homegroup members will share. Tink and Mick J will share their stories on September 10th. This is my last report as GSR as we are rotating service. \$50 area donation.

LIVE: Not GSR, Tink reporting. Avg attn 12 per meeting. County recovery program bringing 20 addicts twice a week. Updated all our formats with NA clarity statement. Muddied message, so adding clarity statement and importance of sponsorship to our formats. Tuesday night meditation is now rotating format to include stepwriting meeting. Update to meeting list, will get with webservant. Request that the Tuesday night meeting be listed as one that needs support. Want to keep meditation part going, but not so important until you get into some stepwork. Meditation for first 10 min and then stepwork, not yet formally approved by GC.

Primary Purpose: John reporting. Candlelight closed meeting. All is well, no donation.

Recovery SWAG'D Out: Stacia reporting. Meet Tuesdays 7pm at 220 east oak, 35 attendance. We started rotating chair with homegroup members. No concerns 48 lit 20 donation.

Solution Group: Trino reporting. Everything is going well. Dinosaur days Oct 14th. Kathy and Newt L. are our two speakers. 1322 31st Avenue. We have a concern about the ASC secretary. ASC guidelines state minutes not to be released more than one week after asc. \$50 donation.

Stairway to Recovery: Pat reporting. Meets every Monday at 7 at 614 8th ave in Greeley. kAttendance at 11 in August, addicts from local institution. We do need homegroup members, get lots of newcomers who come and go. Everything's cool. \$5 donation.

When At The End Of The Road: Community cleanup on Oct 21st, 4pm – 7:30 with barbecue before meeting. Hosting hospitality room, Saturday 7-9 am. Donation \$30, donation of \$91.60.

XX Genes: Karen reporting. This meeting has closed. Started in 2003, we were at the mall, then the fellowship house, then on Elizabeth and shields, I've spent the pat 14 years every Wednesday. Time to close this chapter on the only women's meeting in the area. WE've given our books to the ABC group. \$4 donation.

Steps and Traditions Roulette: Mark R. reporting. He didn't screw it up. Meet at 1412 west swallow 6:46 Thursday. Had 18 people at one meeting this month. Good relations with church. \$8 donation.

No Matter what: Tanner reporting. Meet at 301 east drake Mondays I the basement. Last week had 53 addicts in attendance, 7th trad not very strong. No donation, 9. 53 lit order.

Freed from Insanity: Taylor reporting. \$10 donation, buying lit. Meetings going well, attendance is growing. All good.

Just for Today: Shawn reporting., 1015 ninth avenue in Greeley. Getting 83.35 in lit, \$50 donation.

Free at Last: no GSR, O'Riley reporting, we get 25-30 addicts who are clients. Justice has been doing it for 20 years so I'm running it.

Never Alone:

Just for Today:

New Horizons: no GSR, O'Riley reporting meets on Thursday night, going just fine, about 5 core addicts show up every week. 7th tradition is turned over to the meeting hall for rent. Doors are open every week, we'd love some support from the area.

Miracle on Oak Street: Karen reporting. Meetings going strong, attendance averages 40-50 addicts, no concerns.

Responsible for our Recovery: O'Riley reporting. Tuesday is going well. All clients showing up. We don't take any 7th, pay rent by giving out lit to clients, especially updated meeting list. Carry the message there is no magic wand, this is the steps and how it works and how you stay clean. We need support from the area to make connections with clients in treatment center. At Harmony in Estes Park. Fish Hatchery road.

Truth Through Proof: No GSR

The Windsor Lighthouse: No GSR yet, hasn't started yet, Liliias reporting. won't start up until end of month due to the two addicts starting it being out of the country right now. We'll let you know details as soon as we know.

Meeting(s) of the month: Live 102 east 3rd street Loveland at 7pm Tuesday. ABC Book Club Friday night 6pm at 220 East oak, upstairs. Voted on and approved.

Officer Reports

Chair: Made a copy of acronymsa dns service stuff created previously. Response to ASC inventory for GSR training process, perhaps talk about later. Updated signature card but no documentation to prove we were new officers. Confusion about PI and HI subcommittee meetings at Windsor church, it's on 4th Sat. of month. Are we still paying the church \$10 per month rent? Mark M. and Danette will investigate. ASC guidelines updated to reflect mandatory break at each meeting. Banner at top of guidelines didn't have registered trademarks. I updated both guidelines and agenda to have that on there. Thought it made sense to split treas. Report into preliminary and another once disbursements and other info received. Talked about comptroller position. Document to be signed by steering committee and merch chair. Received mail for Daniel Joshua B.

Vice Chair: Nothing to report.

Secretary: send out blast with information on when finalized minutes. We need to get the minutes out sooner. Send out preliminary minutes after ASC meeting and get the final minutes out no less than a week after ASC meeting. Flash drives purchased, will add archives and hand out at next ASC meeting, as I didn't know the password for the old ASC laptop.

Treasurer: Ray reporting. Open balance e 1591.44. now at 2089.44. Includes prudent reserve.

RCM 1: Amy K. reporting. No report. Ray L. provided some information. September 16th is regional assembly, woodwind park co all GSRs encouraged to attend, GSR training provided, requires GSR participation and votes. Board member will be voted on at this regional assembly. West of Colorado Springs. Homegroup members can act as GSR with voting privileges if GSR and GSRA aren't present. Information about regional assembly is on our OTW website and sent out on blast as well.

RCM 2: Daniel not present.

Hospitals and Institutions: unable to hear much beyond elections for subcommittee positions, meeting on the 23rd, put the word out we need servicemembers. Janine emailed me the report yesterday

Public Information Subcommittee: Mark M. reporting. 21 calls 3 texts during august. 5 volunteers answering phones 9837 visitors since Jan of this year. Trouble hearing due to background noise, will add report once received. Attendance at last PI subcom was 2 people. Asking for reimbursement of \$19 for copies. BMLT meeting database and map, Meeting accuracy is absolutely vital. So many 3rd parties with inaccurate information. Let them know to go directly to NA.org or otwna.org for updated meeting and map information. What's status on online dontations. We only had 2 addicts last meeting, didn't discuss it. It's possible and easily implemented, we'll bring it up next month, Curt's been looking into it. You can donate directly to NAWs using debit & credit card. We need a bigger discussion, web and PI are final

connecting link. Need to decide as area if this is a direction we want to go. Having ability for monthly automated donations would be great.

Merchandise Sub-Committee: Shane reporting for Carrie. Low inventory right now, \$220 worth of merch on hand. We would like to request monthly disbursement for new hoodies and sticker for Fall, to bring inventory levels up for CRCNA. Will give disbursement to Carrie

Activities Subcommittee: Sarah gave report to Dave. Sorry for not being present. Trying to balance life/recovery. Please contact me with questions. Sept 23rd bowling 9 pm at Chipper's in Greeley. Oct 14th holding Masquerade ball 6-10 at Majestic. Potluck/finger food/dancing, games costume contest. Thanks for letting me serve. Flyers for ball on table. Tickets haven't been made yet. No speaker.

CRCNA Liaison: Met August 20th, reviewed meeting space and went over placement of workshops. Elections for chair, vc, treas and secretary will be elected at assembly. Merch available for preorder until Sept 23rd. Very limited quant. At convention. Next fundraiser will be bingo/potluck, no specifics yet. Still have space available to host hospitality room. ILS John. We have changed name from Recovery Soldiers for CRCNA helpers. It's Liaisons now. Just a position as goodwill ambassador to help people find rooms and be of service. Convention only has 10 people on committee, have to manage all behind scenes. Need help to handle minor things to make sure we're good stewards for community. More details to come. 15 minute training on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Only going to have 15-20 positions, we still need your support. Hotel room cutoff is Oct 12th, room rate will likely more than double after that. Having subcommittee meeting on the 9th. CRCNA will be hCrown Plaza DIA at i-70 and Chambers

Literature: \$415 cash, \$91.60 check. \$506.60 total. Last month's order was \$408.97. Low on inventory, Ray: with the way money's going, asked that we keep the order under \$1000. Free shipping with orders over \$500.

Old Business-

Meeting space: Trino reporting on Ad hoc committee on new meeting place. When adhoc committee formed we ran into problem of paying half rent one month then rest another month. Adhoc committee formed to investigate issues regarding meeting places. John: one of the things we ran into with activities is that they had a change here, someone new to deal with, in past got certain rate for events, don't have working relationship. Maybe as part of contract we can hold four events as part of agreement. Good to explore options just in case of changes coming up in future. May be good to have backup plan or working relationship in place if our meeting space issues come up again.

Comptroller position? Ray L: Noticing since I've been treas is that this area operates on paycheck to paycheck basis. Last month we dug deep into our prudent reserve. Don't want to watch us go under getting into situation over past couple of months. Request complete and total annual budget from every subcommittee, what we pay to who, everything we do so we can budget annual operating money. We don't donate until we get income to meet our annual budget. CRCNA does 6% of regional budget, women's donates 25%, campout 5-10%, looking at annual operating budget for region comes from events, our area donations cover balance for that. Region needs our donations, but they don't need everything we have. We need to plan so we don't dig into our prudent reserve on a regular basis. Encumbered and unencumbered money. Plan to be smarter with funds. Want to make sure we don't end up where we were two months ago. Possibly meet on even months to change how we operate financially. Prudent reserve for the area is \$600. Curt: leaps and bounds. This moves us forward. I think it's necessary for stability continuity of service for area. Having a budget one suggestion, multiple issues, being PI

ochari issue we've discussed already. You'd be surprised at the amount of money going up for those two endeavors. Move it forward by amending current guidelines, agree wholeheartedly, maybe a motion that we start now an hve budget for 2018 by end of November for approval by December or January. Request that committee and subcommittee chairs submit a budget for the year. Bring that information together so we have individual and unified budget. Mark M: as far as PI budget goes, we have that domain fee we pay every two years which is 300 some dollars, we have a \$200 budget now, can divide the #300 every month. Comes out to 20-25 per month. Rent for subcommittee meetings, I'll find out about that. Lit orders I have records of all those I can add those up and get an average. Coming up with an annual budget not hard to do. Dave: **Take this back to groups to see what they have to say.** Make sure we set money aside to be spent when bills come due. Sometimes something comes up and throws us for a loop. Important to have that forward looking idea.

Tanner: brought up previously issue of being able to make donations online via credit card. Dave: Currently being investigated by Curt. Tanner and Karen: I'd love to see it investigated. Karen: keep it anonymous. Is swiping for a dollar something we can look into for groups. Curt: Take it back to the groups so we can have these discussions. WSO didn't want to hold onto front end user information. Set it up just to use a paypal account. Area would just have 7th tradition donation click here. And there would be a statement that we don't accept outside contributions. WSO asks what area you're from, it could go under homegroup reporting. Your information is held by paypal, not by us. We don't want people's personal financial information. So if somebody comes up on an anniversary and they want a one-time or monthly donation, it would come back to area treasury information just dollar amount received. Let's revisit so groups can give input. Patty: wouldn't this be expensive for homegroups? Karen: how would it work if the groups passed a swiper. Ray: The groups would have to do their own bank account and the swiper is Square, they take 3.5 cents on every dollar. VISA takes 7%, so it's cheaper way to go. Set up own personal group banka account or Square or Paypal account, pass phone with the square on it when pass basket. Then it would go directly to the groups. That's one possible way. The swipers are free from Square. Plugs into smart phone. John: Just another outlet to get funds in. I don't always have a dollar in my pocket. Say Area's struggling one month, I can help individually. What groups send is autonomous. It's two different things. Dave: Paypal is free to send money to a family member or friend. Just another way to move forward. Mark M. Don't they have infrared pay with your phone – apple pay. Ray: still need a device to receive it. Dave: two separate issues, area and group level. Peggy: all beneficial, still seems like majority of meetings out there that do not have a bank account. We really primarily work on a cash basis and that's it. That's the thing. I want to be able to move forward into 21s tcenture, I think it would benefit everyone, I think we'll have a lot of throwback. John: discussing within groups whether you want to swipe-donate is a separate issue. Perhaps having ability to send homegroup donation to area with a debit card. Ray: can use tax id from region to set up bank accounts so it's associated with groups. **Take back to groups for discussion.**

New Business-

John: ask that chair reach out to current RCMs to make sure that we have current information about RSC meetings. Dave: I will follow up on that.

Dave: we've talked about how critical training is. Let's makes sure we train the people who follo9w us in our positions. KimW. In ele tions say Term is a certain length but add that chair willing to stay on as assistant for one month to help with continuity. Karen: My experience when people rotate service, the new people that come on don't seem to want any help. Amy: When I didn't want any help from Karen I was mad at her, but some people might need help. Trino: this is something htat has come up with communication being key. That responsibility falls on all of us. We're talking about some big changes coming down the line, if there's no communication then wer're seriously lacking. It's up to each person to bring it to the attention to this body. If 2we want to work smoothly, we need to learn how to

communicate. Richard L. I like the way you started this off Trino. For me, being of service, we don't get paid to do this. I love being of service. If I start getting tired of it I shouldn't do it. If someone wants to be the next person, I should be of service to the next person who takes position. Some of us love being here. Patty: Peggy came in a couple months to help me do lit. There's no way I could have done it without her, but I'm not afraid to ask for help either. Curt: I'd be happy to take an action item scan through our resources on NAWS, creating GSR orientation videos to give a brief overview of what the positions are like.

Elections:

Activities in October
HI in November

Area Activities: End of Road putting on Thanksgiving potluck only if no conflicts with others. None mentioned.

Written Motions:

Disbursements:

Ray: Sarah asked for an additional \$50. Masquerade is \$200, bowling \$100 dollars, activities needs additional \$50 to cover both events. Event scheduled before asking for disbursement. Karen: Windsor event thrown together, poorly attended. 200 for masquerade, ay. Voted on, ended up 9-9, so chair decides. Dave: Poor planning doesn't constitute an emergency for us, so she will not get the additional \$50

Merch: \$200

PI: \$19 for copies

Act: \$250

Final Treasurer Report:

Beg balance 1591.44, after donations 2605.04 expenses of \$469, and literature, closing balance of 2136.04

Take back to groups:

**Next ASC Meeting:
10/1/17 @ 9:00am
The Majestic Gathering Place
315 East 4th Street
Loveland, CO. 80538**

Closed