



## MINUTES March 3rd, 2019

**Open:** Off The Wall area opened at 9:00 AM with a moment of silence, followed by the Serenity Prayer and the reading of 12 Concepts by Shawn H. We meet upstairs at the Majestic as the lower level has a new owner.

**Guests/ New GSRs:** Steven V from Freed From Insanity

**Birthdays:** Jeff R – 2 years; Robert – 6 months; Lauren R – 2 years; John B – 6 years

**Approval of Last Month's Minutes:** Approved.

### Group Reports:

**Addicts Book Club:** We meet every Friday night @ 6 pm @ 220 E Oak St. We are a literature study meeting. Meetings are fluctuating – big, small, an intimate setting to share. No Area donation.

**Addicts Seeking Sanity:** Meetings are Sat @ 7pm, Sun @ 4pm, and Wed @ 6pm on 3800 W 20<sup>th</sup> St in Greeley. Spring Fling flyers are out. Will be on April 6<sup>th</sup>. We will have speakers and Italian dinner followed by 7 pm regular meeting. \$49.37 area donation and lit order \$74.45.

**Clean Queens:** We meet at 301 E Drake at 3pm on Sundays in Fort Collins. Attendance averages at 8 ladies a meeting. We have no concerns at this time. Area donation of \$10. Lit order \$12.25.

**Dead Without It:** This is a candlelight meeting that meets Fridays at 7:30 pm at 301 E Stuart St in Fort Collins. Attendance has been good, averaging 30 addicts at our meetings. We want to thank the area for all your support and designating us the “meeting of the month.” We celebrate birthdays at every meeting so come celebrate your clean time with us. April 19<sup>th</sup> we are having our “Old Timer” Speaker meeting. Garrett G with 14 years will be sharing his story. Area order \$25. Lit order \$10.

**Drug Busters:** Drug Busters meets at 531 College at 11am. Our birthday meeting is the last Saturday of every month. Our group conscience is the Saturday before the ASC.

**Freed From Insanity:** We meet at All Saints Episcopal Church at 3448 N Taft, Loveland. We currently run 2 meetings a week Thursdays at 7pm and Saturday nights at 7 pm. Attendees range from 15 – 20 people per meeting. Area donation \$0 and lit order \$12.25.

**Fun Addicts:** Meets at 220 E Oak St in Ft. Collins on Sunday and Wednesday nights at 7 pm. Attendance is 30 – 50 addicts. Our group has voted in favor of reducing the area prudent reserve from \$1500 to \$1000. We are starting our Sunday morning meeting at Roland Moore Park on April 14<sup>th</sup> - the meeting will be held every Sunday morning from 10:30 am – 11:30 am. We are discussing and tentatively planning a campout at Crystal Lakes July 26 – 28. Lit order \$117 and no area donation.

**Just For Today:** We meet at the Vineyard Church at 1015 9<sup>th</sup> Ave, Greeley. Mon, Thurs, and Fri @ noon. Tues and Fri @ 7pm. Birthday meeting and lit drawing which is the first Friday @ 7pm of every month. Speaker meetings

in the last Friday @ 7 every month. Attendance is good. We voted yes on \$25 for press. Area donation \$76 and Lit order \$78.15.

Live Group: 102 E 3<sup>rd</sup> Street in Loveland. We currently have 9 mtgs a week. Group Conscious is last Friday every month. All is well. No wants or needs. Attendance is average 8 – 12 people. 7<sup>th</sup> is about average. Area donation \$35 and lit order \$206.85.

Miracle on Oak St: Our meetings are held every Thursday night at 7pm at 220 Oak in Ft Collins. The meeting is doing good. We are having about 5 or 6 newcomers at the meeting. In all, we have about 15. Area donation \$20.

New Hope: Absent. Report given. Previously the Fort Lupton Group. Named the group New Hope. Have been getting support from Mile High, Greeley, Fort Collins and Henderson. Step working guides are a hot item so we are buying more. We will also start doing birthdays at every meeting and added a request to have a volunteer chair the next meeting. No area donation.

New Horizons: Absent

No Matter What: Meet at 301 E Drake at 7pm on Mondays. Everything is well and meeting attendance is great. Area donation \$23.40 and lit order of \$9.

Primary Purpose: We meet Thursdays at 7 pm in Greeley at 929 15<sup>th</sup> Street. Our meetings are going well, attendance has been good and consistent. Our Raid a Meeting event went well and was well attended. Vote no on adjustment to prudent reserve at this time. No area donation. \$3 lit order.

Recovery SWAG'D Out: We meet Tuesday nights @ 220 E Oak St in Ft. Collins. Every 3 mtg is Popsicle topic mtg. Last Tuesday is birthday night and this month we celebrated almost 25 years of recovery. We average 25 – 35 people in attendance. Area donation \$20 and lit order \$32.85.

Responsible for Our Recovery: Absent

Solutions: Absent. Meetings are Monday 7pm, Tue & Wed @ noon, and Sat @ 9am. Mon @ 7 pm, Wednesday night @ 7 pm is a Spanish Speaking meeting. Location 1428 7<sup>th</sup> Ave, Greeley.

Steps and Traditions Roulette: We meet at 1412 W Swallow Rd on Thursday @ 6:46 pm in Fort Collins. All our positions are filled. Attendance keeps going up, asking church if we can change rooms to add more people. Concerns – room is expanding because of attendance. No on Prudent reserve. Area donation \$15. Lit order \$0.

Truth Through Proof: Meets Tuesdays @ 6:30 pm in the back room of Dazbog Coffee Shop on 5<sup>th</sup> and Lincoln @ 556 N Lincoln Ave, Loveland. No wants or needs, no area donation.

When At The End Of The Road: M – F at noon, Wed at 7 am and Saturday night at 7:30 pm, 301 E. Stuart, Fort Collins. Saturday nights continue to be a speaker meeting on the 1<sup>st</sup> Sat of the month, 2<sup>nd</sup> Sat is Step of the month, 3<sup>rd</sup> is Tradition of the month, and last Sat of the month is a birthday meeting. Childcare on Saturdays is still only available if a parent volunteers to watch the kids. Meeting attendance is well – no issues. Aaron F from Longmont is speaking April 6<sup>th</sup>. Elizabeth Z from Ft. Collins is speaking May 4<sup>th</sup>. Flyers for our Memorial Day Picnic Monday May 27<sup>th</sup> will be sent out this month and available next area. We are excited to do a picnic potluck where we will provide the meat and condiments so bring a dish. Speakers will be announced soon. Did not vote on prudent reserve due to no GSR @ Group Conscience. Area Donation \$109.06 and Lit order of \$183.50.

Windsor Lighthouse: Meet Tuesdays @ 6:15 pm @ 5:30 pm Walnut St (next door to the post office) in Windsor. Meeting is still going well. We're averaging about 10 people per meeting. Area Donation \$10.

**{Home Group of the Month: ABC Friday @ 6pm, 220 East Oak, Ft. Collins and When at the End of the Road on Wednesday @ 7 am 301 E Stuart, Ft. Collins}**

**Officer Reports:**

**Chair:** Dave openly apologized for breaking a member's anonymity in a recent email. Discussion about ASS flyer originally going out without the NA symbol – this has been corrected. Dave's book with concepts is missing – if anyone finds it, please contact Dave.

Dave's report: Mea culpa. Blasted out the new guidelines and made copies. Added the section on CBDM (Consensus-Based Decision Making) to the end of the agenda as well as our Spiritual Guidelines. Read a book on consensus-based decision making. Re-read the guidelines many times. Moving to CBDM will be awkward initially and most of us are using it for the first time so we need to lean heavily on those members that have regional experience as it is used there. Given that discussion might run longer, it is essential that we abide by the spiritual agreement I read earlier. Met with Shawn & Jimmie to go over the 2018 account sheet by comparing with past minutes to find any discrepancies. Got Shawn on the signature card and the new debit card in Jimmie's name approved and made copies of it for P.I. and Literature. Created credentials for online review of the bank account.

**Vice Chair:** Really low-key month. Did attend the Raid a Meeting and really enjoyed the fellowship with that activity. Weather stopped our bank visit. I couldn't get the new card activated due to misinformation.

**Secretary:** Thank you to Jimmie for covering for me last month while I attended the Mid-Missouri NA Cabin Fever Prevention Convention. I have submitted receipts for supplies and donuts in the amount of 28.55. For new GSR's, there are blank Group Report forms on the table to fill out and give to the acting Secretary after your report is read. If you haven't completed one today, please complete one and get it to the Secretary by the end of the meeting or email it to me. Subcommittees, if you haven't done so, please email your reports to me - my email is [otwsecretary@gmail.com](mailto:otwsecretary@gmail.com). I made up some proposal forms that replace the Group Motion Forms. I will add this template to the minutes when I send them out as well as a copy of the Group Report Form so you can print them out and have them for your Group Conscious. Thank you for letting me serve. Val K

**Treasurer:** Shawn H. – Essentially the numbers are not accurate. The numbers in the bank are not reflected in the spreadsheets. No outstanding checks. Suggesting we start clean next month. We will start putting in check numbers for every check that is written. \$2143.83 – maybe the discrepancy is negative approximately but unsure at this time. I am asking if groups can round to nearest dollar for the Group Area donations to make things easier without having to transfer as much change. Patti with Lit stated she has been giving Treasurer dollar amounts and no change as she cashes change out every 3 months. Moving forward, Lit will give Treasurer the correct to the penny amount.

Current treasurer report based on actual bank account:

<b>Beginning Balance:</b>	\$2143.00
<b>Incoming funds:</b>	\$1215.00
<b>Expenses:</b>	\$1774.91
<b>Final Balance:</b>	\$1584.05

**RCM 1:** Not much to report. Next region March 17th from 10 to 2 at 2475 W. 26th Ave Denver.

**RCM 2:** same as above.

**Activities Subcommittee:** Good morning! I was not able to attend our subcommittee meeting as I was digging my car out of my parking lot. However, we have our St. Patty's Day Learning Day coming up on Sunday, March 17th from 1pm-5pm.... then Saturday, April 27th from 5-9pm we are having a game night in Greeley at the vineyard church-finger foods and drinks provided please bring a dish.... in June on Sunday June 30th from 11am-5pm at Windsor lake we are having our 3rd annual big day at the lake we will have hot dogs and hamburgers and drinks please bring a side or dessert and it's \$5 suggested donation but come out and have fun!!

I'm asking for my \$250 disbursement to get the corn beef and cabbage and supplies. Asking for \$25.81 refund for printing fliers.

Thank you for letting me be of service!

**CRCNA Liaison:** CRCNA did not meet yesterday due to weather. They are working on budget. Logo Contest submit entry by April 1<sup>st</sup>. Sponsor/ Sponsee Pancake Breakfast. April 27th from 8 – noon at 3000 S. Wadsworth, Denver.

**Hospitals and Institutions:** The H&I subcommittee meeting was on January 6 at LoCo Coffee Shop. Our subcommittee is going well we great attendance. Our new H and I guidelines were updated and approved by the members of the sub-committee meeting. Also, I want to thank Area for the approval of the budget increase. We feel like this way we will be better able to fill our literature needs to help us to better carry the message to those that would be unable to hear it without our service. Also, as always, we do ask that GSR's bring to their groups that we are always looking for new panel members to service on our various H and I meetings. It is a great way of being of service to help carry that message to those that do not have access to meetings without us. ss Elections: We held elections at last sub-committee meeting. Stacia R. has taken over as our new secretary. Jess RB has taken over as H and I vice chair. Facilities: Weld County Jail – Women's facility is currently still under construction and no H and I meeting can be brought in there at this time due to that. All our other facilities are going strong. Thank you for letting me be of service, Ryan B.

**Merchandise Subcommittee:** No merchandise sold. Inventory same as January report. February disbursement used to purchase supplies to make 60 pieces and 10 hoodies. Have a contact to produce the new design for us at a cost of \$5 per press. The merchandise sub committee is asking for our monthly disbursement to purchase a few more blank hoodies and get them all printed at our new vendor. We plan to have the new design available for the March 17<sup>th</sup> event. The heat press that was discussed at previous Area meetings has been returned to its original owner. As merchandise chair I ask that it is announced that the chair position will be open at the end of my term. Asking for \$250 disbursement plus \$10 rent at Loco. Yes to reduce Prudent Reserve.

### **Public Information Subcommittee:**

#### **OTW Public Information Subcommittee Report – 3/03/2019**

The community college in Greeley has requested a lit rack and is having a recovery awareness event on campus on March 27<sup>th</sup> from 11 am to 1 pm. The lit rack was ordered and it was given to a member that is the contact person for the college. Literature has been ordered for this event's NA booth and for the lit rack, along with meeting schedules. Staffing for the booth will be covered by two experienced members who have confirmed their availability and willingness. We will discuss details of getting everything needed for the booth to the staffing members at PI subcommittee meeting.

Thanks for the opportunity to serve as PI subcommittee chair. I will remain on the subcommittee as Webservant, as well as to help the new chairperson with the position. If there is no new chair elected in March, members of the subcommittee will cover the position until a new chair steps up.

**OTWNA.ORG** bi-annual service fee will be due to Go Daddy on April 4<sup>th</sup>, 2019. Total cost: \$303.74. This includes \$39.98 for two years of .org domain name service and hosting cost of \$263.76. – **We need to take care of this sometime in March.**

**Meeting Schedules** – We are now printing 400 meeting schedules per month. Please be sure to take only the number of schedules that your group or facility needs for the month.

**Posters/Lit** – We have 20 locations in Greeley, 9 in Loveland, 15 in Fort Collins, 2 in Wellington, 1 in Estes Park. All poster and lit locations are listed here: <http://bit.ly/2F10v6f>

**Expenses** – 400 meeting schedules \$41.11, charged to area card. \$62.00 for lit rack and lit for college, \$59.00 for lit for all other locations. Total \$162.11.

In Grateful Service,

Zach V.

## **Reports:**

### **Webservant Monthly Report for March 3, 2019**

otwna.org stats: Visitors (sessions) in last 30 days: 1,724

Page views in last 30 days: 2,878

Visitors YTD: 21,929

Page Views YTD: 36,299

External links from other sites (pointing to otwna.org) 504

To search the Blast archive of all messages dating back to 2003, log on to Google Groups with the email address you are subscribed with at: <https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/otwasc>

OTW email blast members: 112 - If you do not wish to receive OTWASC messages in the future, or if you or someone you know wishes to be added to this group, please send your (or their) name and email address to [otwnaweb@gmail.com](mailto:otwnaweb@gmail.com)

OTW Facebook Group Members: 117 – Please notify Webservant to be added to this group.

### **Phoneline Report – Steve D.**

24 calls, 1 text

### **Lit Report – Mark M.**

3 Mar 19 PI Lit report

The Literature order is \$59.00 this month. Probably because of the new lit rack at Loveland probation. It would be nice if we had a stamp with the help line number to put on all the lit. In lieu of that I can put our cards in each piece if approved. I have placed a poster on the bulletin board at the Wellington library.

**Literature Sub-Committee:** \$1190.50 in sales. Short on a few tags and workbooks. H & I \$284.65; P.I. \$113.60.

### **Open Area Opportunities for Service:**

#### **Elections:**

P.I. Chair: Mark M was nominated and declined.

Assistant Treasurer: Kim W nominated, seconded, and accepted. Passed.

### **Unfinished Business**

1. Ad-Hoc for learning event by Kurt B – there will be a side meeting at the March 17<sup>th</sup> event for anyone interested regarding safety in NA
2. Feedback regarding a different meeting place – no possibilities at this time. Seeking a place that is handicap accessible. Island Grove is too cost prohibited.
3. Drop Prudent reserve from \$1500 to \$1000 motion addressed. Clarification that it appears to be a “functioning budget” vs a prudent reserve. Treasurer is concerned we may not have enough to cover expenses at this time if we lower our reserve. Suggestion made to table until Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer can straighten out bank account numbers. Straw Pole taken and determined not ready to make a decision on proposal at this time.  
Tabled until more info can be obtained regarding Treasurer.
4. Donate \$25 dollars to merchandise press- was w/drawn.

### **New Business**

1. Clarification regarding Webservant position. Zach will not be abandoning P.I. and will be sitting in as P.I. chair until filled but will continue being Webservant.
2. Suggested to have a learning time for CBDM at the learning day event.

### **Proposals**

1. To purchase a \$300 laptop for the treasurer plus \$7 a month for Office 365 that will supply always up to date software. \$295 + \$85/ a year. Intent: With a new assistant treasurer and treasurer, it creates a need for an area laptop that can be handed off and preset up. Made by Shawn H. Motion passed.
2. To pay meeting facility \$20 per month rent for subcommittees. Starting with the month of April to be paid at this ASC and every month moving forward. Checks are to be given to P.I. or H&I chair to pass along to the meeting facility as they meet following ASC. Funds to come out of the general expense fund of the executive committee. Added note – no email to individuals. Billing to be made directly to Executive board. Made by John B. Tabled.

**Next ASC Meeting:  
April 7th, 2018 9:00am  
The Majestic Gathering Place  
315 East 4<sup>th</sup> Street  
Loveland, CO.**

**Closed @ 11:14 am**